Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Custom .set Set-Up Sheet Problem

rsbeadle

I just updated my set-up sheet .set file with all the updates in the set-up sheet fix file on Mastercam's web site but it still doesn't work just right. If I have three ops in a row with the same tool I only get a depth output for the first op. I would post the file to the ftp, but with the new trouble.... If anyone else has the same trouble let us know or if anyone knows how to fix it please let me know. Other than this V9.1 kicks a**.

Gentlemen,

The problem stems from Mastercam creating a bad ASCII NCI file when it is NOT created via the POST button in the operations manager. The only clean method to get a proper ASCII NCI file in V9.1 is by using the POST button in the operations manager. You do NOT need to change your .set to a .pst, just create the NCI file via the post button and run your setup sheet. If prompted to create a NCI file say no and use the NCI file you just created. This also goes for using the Filter off of the NC Utils menu.

Please keep in mind to ALWAYS use the POST button in V9.1 to create your ASCII NCI files.

Also, please make sure you have the latest fixes from our website http://www.mastercam.com/Support/downloads/default.asp

The problem with the NCI file stems from the toolchange (1001, 1000, 1002) lines not being written out properly.

quote:

Change your Mill.set to Mill.pst then select Mill.pst just like if your were posting an NC file.

If you're going to use this method, make sure you don't have a .pst file with the same name as the .set file, or the original .pst file will be over-written.

'Rekd teh Where'd that dang post go?

I made to corrections to my modified .set file and ran into errors for the ptooldata', tmax, tmin, bl_gcode variables not being defined. So I commented everything out and finally got somewhat tool information out - BUT my information header is missing!!! Same issue I had in Beta testing.

The header information is important to me, than I want a simple tool list.

Kathy

frown.gif

kathy,

What is the verion of the MP.DLL you are running?

(it's in the CHOOKS folder)

In windows explorer, find the MP.DLL,

right mouse click on it, select Properties on the menu, then the Version tab, now the File Version entry in the Item name list, read the version # in the Value pane on the right.

You need v9.12 along with the SET file fixes.

I had the (gasp!) wrong mp.dll updated, so that problem was easy to fix.!

I made some changes to the format for the 'Tool List' and the 'Operations List'. I can't seem to get the Tool List table to print on a page width. I would like the Operation List information to print out as a table under a heading just like the Tool List information.

Kathy

cool.gif

Dave - Roger made some minor mods to our custom .set yesterday and I e-maild my current file back to him this morning. When I modified your original html.set file a few years ago, I had Front Page loaded. Now, I am trying to figure out how to get the mods in I want longhand! And my html longhand is rusty!

Thanks for the help guys, I have gotten used to using the post button and it is easier than using the set-up sheet option. I used to have trouble right clicking in the ops manager without selecting one op instead of getting the right click menu. With the post button no right click. Thanks for the input and I hope some users were helped by the answers.