Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam and Cimco editors open very slowly

When I have Settings/config/start-exit set to Mastercam editor or cimco editor and I post code it takes over 2 minutes for the editior to pop open. If I use notepad it pops open in less than one second. This happens even on a simple test program just drilling one hole. What could cause this? Permissions? Anti-virus? what else? I now have this happening at 3 different customers.

Scott,

Are they on a nethasp? Full version of Cimco or OEM?

Try copying the nethasp.ini file and drop it into the Cimco folder in the same directory are the .exe

I found one cause for the delayed opening of Cimco and Mastercam editors today. Both my home computer and work computer recently started taking 30-45 seconds to open when posting simple gcode. It would only have the delay the first time posting after turning on the PC. Subsequent posting of various files woud only take a second to open.

I tracked it down to a recent Microsoft Security Essentials update. I use this for my anit-virus. When temporarily disabling its "real time protectrion" the delay no longer occurs. I tried adding mcam, cimco, etc. to MSE exculsions but still get delays.

I used to get big delays opening Mastercam when I was using Kaspersky Internet Security. That is why I switched to Microsoft Security Essentials about a year ago. Even disabling Kaspersky did not help. Had to uninstall it completely. Other anti-virus programs were also reported as causing trouble from time to time.

We have MS Security Essentials here at work.

At home I'm running Norton Internet Security.

Both are default installs and both Cimco and Mastercam Edit open quickly on both machines

I'll look in my MSSE install and see if IT has any exclusions, but I don't think so.

They wouldn't know to do it unless we had trouble and they had to troubleshoot

it