Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

C-Axis Face Milling - Toolpath Transform

Etrain

I am running a Haas SL-20 lathe with C-Axis and using X5. I am milling multiple pockets on the face of my part. Using face contour toolpath in Mastercam I chain one pocket and then transform the toolpath. The only problem is that when Mastercam posts out it makes the rotational moves using c-axis. I am using cartesian to polar transformation (G112-G113) and it does not allow c-axis moves. My question: is there a way to transform multiple pockets on a face without having it post out with c-axis rotational moves?

#1 Question would be how are you calling this in the post?

#2 Are you using mi or mr to call the G112 or G113?

#3 Did your talk to your dealer about the certified post for that machine or see if they have one?

#4 Are you using Axis sub or is it a true 4th axis operation you are using the program this?

I worked with our dealer and they created a post for me.

In my Misc. Values I have the option of turning G112-G113 on and off. But I have found that I get a much more accurate cut when this is on.

When I program this I am not using Axis Sub.

So is this a post issue?

I don't run a hass mill/turn but for me if i select "Y Axis" under Rotary Axis Control it will lock the C axis and use the X/Y/Z axis to do the milling.

Edit: just realized you said "transform". Yes, if you use transform it will move the c axis. Which may seem dumb, but if you think about milling something at 90 degrees on the diameter of the part then you would want the c axis to rotate so your tool wouldn't crash through the part when it tries to get to the next toolpath.

Edited by wdg5555