Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CAT 40 Angle head

Bob W.

We have a couple here and I will check to see where we got them from tomorrow when others who know will be here. As far as costs I am not sure, although I have heard from my boss in the past that they were about $10,000 each. But he could have just been saying that so the operators would be more careful with them.

edit: Talked to our maintenance guy and he confirmed the cost of the angle heads we use. They may be cheaper now, because we have used these heads for over 10 years. Here is the site for the manufacturer of the angle heads we use.

www.madaula.com

We have a bunch of different brands in here including Big Sheppard, Koma, Alberti, and Romai heads.

The operator's favorite is the Koma extended length slimline series because it is the only brand that we have that is NOT flange mounted. Pretty good for light to medium work on hi-temp alloys. They have them in CAT40 & CAT50 shank sizes (CAT40 is for ER-20 collets). I could only vouch for CAT50 because that's the size we have. The price is about 10K as others suggested, but some of our others cost right around 30K (they're pretty large flange mounted heads for heavy work).

We have used the coolant driven ones (back then they were being sold by Command). They worked pretty well for drilling small dias., but since we machine a lot of rotating parts they are a no-no. We no longer have it.

Here is some screenshots of the Koma slimline series, with the bottom picture showing the RAH being measured by the laser for stickout (no operator intervention besides having to load the cutter into RAH)

BTW, you will have to alter your spindle face.

SP32-20100714-060822.jpg

RAH_SCREENSHOT.jpg

RAH002.jpg