Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

This may be a riiculous question, but....

LiamBeans

I recently started working for a new company. We have 3 CNC routers- 2 NW and a Komo. Before I started working here I was under the impression that they used X5 for pretty much everything, however, they kept v9 on hand in case they got stuck. Then I came to find out that they are only using x5 to program one of the NW's. The one that requires the least amount of work. So, long story short- I learned on x2/x3 and I am learning the v9. I want upgrade so that we are relying on x5 because I am more comfortable and faster with that, but I don't know what to do to upgrade. Where I worked before our IT guy was amazing and handled all of our upgrade transitions. I initially thought that the distributor would help me out, but they told me to call MasterCAM directly. I wish it was as easy as changing the extensions on the post processors and linking the .dll's because we don't really use anything to intense, just multi heads, block drills, aggregates and saws. Any help or at least a shove in the right direction would be much appreciated.

moved to the main forum, not a post development question

nitially thought that the distributor would help me out, but they told me to call MasterCAM directly

I find this difficult to believe.

To the best of my knowledge, CNC Software does not deal with end users, just resellers. Your local Mastercam dealer should have no problem getting you a quote to upgrade. If you are already using X5, then all you really need is a licence upgrade and an update to your existing post processor.

Carmen

To the best of my knowledge, CNC Software does not deal with end users, just resellers. Your local Mastercam dealer should have no problem getting you a quote to upgrade. If you are already using X5, then all you really need is a licence upgrade and an update to your existing post processor.

I have a licensed upgrade for x5, just no post. I am trying to find out if i should configure, and if so, I need to know how. thanks

I have a licensed upgrade for x5, just no post.

If you're a licensed user, then your reseller is the place to go for a post.

If you have a previous version post, you can update to run in X5

Here's link to installing and updating files for X5

My link

Edited by Guest
Provided more direct link.
I am trying to find out if i should configure, and if so, I need to know how. thanks

You need to update your posts and run your machine defs through the Update folder.

Complex third party posts or encrypted posted may require professional assistance.

See

C:\Program Files (x86)\mcamx5\documentation\MCAMX5_Transition_Guide.pdf

for details