Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Coolant Issues

Brian_99

Just verified Brian's problem and the first operation is NOT picking up the coolant and writing in to the 1025 line on the NCI. IF you view the coolant options by clicking on the coolant control then it does write to the NCI. I'll do do some digging around to see if I can find a more permanent work around. I'll get it logged and will have someone run through all the tests to see if anything else went bad.

Did anyone send this in to QC? I just want to make sure I get the right folks tagged in the bug log.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I totally share Brian's frustrations, as I spent a full day and a half following the pcan, pcan1, and pcan2 in conjunction with the x style coolant settings within the tool and toolpath parameter settings. In the initial release of X5, the coolant settings would not "stick" on either setting, but with MU1, they do well now. I got the coolant codes to post out correctly after MUCH work, and all settings "stick" now. This was NOT an easy changeover. I even made sure to start anew with generic X5 machine defs, control files, and post processor files.

The question I have is: Is there a way to change all tools globally within a tools-5 library? We have a tool library that started in V9 that has grown to over 1000 tools, and they are cell tools, so we need the descriptions and percentages to stay the same. I just want to be able to utilize the x style coolant settings. Can I change them all together, or do I need to go into each one individually? Will I need to convert to .txt and import??

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Been staying with V9 style because it just works, everytime without excepton and I needed better control over when my coolant activated and I was not able (not sayig it's not possible, I wjust was not able to do it) to move it around and the Beore, with and After selection were not where I wanted them.

I'm prolly overdue for a post class but getting the time away... ain;t happenin' with everything on my plate at the moment.

I have the same problem using V9 coolant. (X4 MU3, haven't had time to upgrade yet) Along with the first of a type of operation if you have a tool using a previous type of operation with a different coolant the coolant will default off. I've gotten into the habit of choosing my tool, add my op comment and close the operation. When I open it again the coolant works correctly.