Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Creating subprograms off one loaded program

Patriot

We have 16mgb of space on a machine here and I have an 8mgb program loaded. I want to run 4 parts at a time set up in a square pattern (order of run doesn't matter) with different offsets. I want to do this without having to leave the probe in the machine -as previously done- and calling it up to just reset the one offset for every part.

Any help is greatly appreciated as always! :)

Machine: HAAS VR-11

There are a couple sample files up on the FTP in the Mastercam_Forum / X5_Files folder.

One is called Lab4_CJep and the other is Subroutine_02 WoffSets_Corrected.

I use transform operations to setup the subroutines.

I recently found out how to access the FTP files. How do I upload to them? Also, did you use the subprogram function in the transform tool path, and does it keep the nc file approximately the same size as just running one part?

using X4 here

yes, the first transform I activate the subroutine, I split the transforms up by toolpath type then use one transform at the end to "gather up" the subroutines and assign the work offsets. It's a bit cumbersome but it does output a formatted subroutine program that requires little or no editing. The post in the zip to go is setup to output in M97 local sub call.

The files I put up earlier are formatted for McamX5, I just dropped a McamX4 zip to go called NEW_Lab4_CJep_X4.Z2G in the Mastercam_Forum / X4_Files folder.