Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Space Pilot + 3Dxware10 + X5

MattW

Hi all

I just got a computer upgrade to Win7, and finally got around to installing X5 as well. Aaand, I installed the new 3Dxware driver, yes, it is still in beta. I have a button mapped to set the rotation center, but when I go to do that, nothing is selectable. Until I go hit the All... button in the General Selection toolbar, and then behavior goes back to what it was before, i.e., I can select points on solids, arc centers, etc. Fast Point is enabled. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

It sure would be slick if there was an 'auto rotation center' option like there is in SolidWorks. If it is already there and I don't know how to enable it, please tell me!

Until I go hit the All... button in the General Selection toolbar

I'm running driver version 3.13.0 ( not the new beta) and it works OK.

The "Select Motion Controller Rotation Point" works fine for me.. but what you can select

is a Mastercam function... do you have your Auto Cursor shut off??

Mastercam/#D Connexion does not have an "auto rotation center".. It uses Mastercam origin as default

center of rotation. This can be quit inconvenient when your working with models on aircraft space.

More wierdness.

From the help file:

Note: If you undock AutoCursor when you are not using a function that requires it, AutoCursor will disappear. It will reappear each time you initiate a function that requires interaction. For example, creating geometry using Sketcher functions.

So I undock the Autocursor, hit the rotation center button, and the Autocursor toolbar pops up as promised, but still nothing is selectable. When I click on the top of the autocursor toolbar, then I can now select geometry.

I have a bunch of autocursor options enabled, as well as 'Default to Fast Point mode' and 'Enable power keys'. I don't see a place to turn autocursor on or off, enabling settings turns autocursor on, correct?

An auto rotation center feature would be nice, but being able to quickly select a rotation center is something I can live with. I would just like to get it working the way it was before.

I leave the toolbar autocursor where it is and hardly ever use it.

I use the

Right Click/Autocursor method.. and I normally run with point, endpoint and arc center checked and

everything else off.

I also have "Select Motion Controller Rotation Position" set as a right mouse button option.

I have no probelm with these settings

I have the regular Pilot. I am thinking this is behaving like a setting in Mastercam, but it could very well be related to the driver. It seems to be working OK in Solidworks and G-Earth, the other applications where I use it a lot.

I am running 3DxWare version 10.0.10.

I have traced it to the way I am implementing MC commands, which is to record a macro that performs the keystrokes. I have discovered if I hit ESC after the SP button, I get the regular behavior. So, I need to add the ESC keystroke to the macro and I should be good. But, there doesn't seem to be a way to edit the macro, only delete it and rerecord it. This makes me think the Macro approach isn't the right way to do this.

I am considering going back to the latest released version of 3DxWare, which is kind of a shame because version 10 looks to have some really cool features. Documentation is really lean at this point, though.

-

-

I just took a look, and the Macros are application specific, I think, so Macros recorded for MC aren't visible in other applications. So maybe macros are the way to implement the commands

I am downloading this for work with the Spacepilot and Win XP64 see how it works then I will check it out on my other Win7 64 bit at home office with the space pilot and retry it on my main box for the Pilot pro win7 64 bit see how it is working.

I had it for a short time on the Pro and I found it to lag in rotation when in Mastercam. but those were old drivers of the beta.