Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machine opinion

Guys, the owner here is wanting to buy a new 3 turret lathe. He is looking at a nakamura super nty3 or a index c65. I know that the nakamura has Y on all 3 turrets, and the index only has it on 2 of the 3 turrets. The cycle time is the same on either machine (or so they say). The place I used to work at had a few index g200's, and the old style c65 and they were both nice machines (well built and would repeat all day). However I don't know much about the nakumura. So i guess I was trying top get some opinions if anyone else had either of these machines, or an opinion on any others that maybe out there to look at.

Thanks,

Jeff

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I'm partial to the Nakamura. :D Guessing the Index is either Heidenhein or Siemens, the Nakamura is FANUC. Support for the Seimens is limited.

Nakamura builds a good machine and Methods, assuming you're in the US, provides good support. I have no experience with your other choice.

Nakamura is a top shelf builder, it doesn't get much better when talking MTM. The NTY series machines have a very good reputation.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

CAMplete comes with the WT series now and AFAIK the Super NTMX in September. There could be more I have not asked. CAMplete for the Nakamura is just badass.

Ok guys,now its between the Nakamura and a mori seiki nz2000 t3y3. The only problem i can see with the nakamura is the length of tools, with turrets so close together. Also camplete is extra for the nty3. Now I'm not familiar with either one, but I haven't heard anything bad either.

I was told can't get an Okuma until September.

Actually the there won't be a three turret available until November. September is for a 2T2Y. If you do not need delivery before then the Okuma is a great machine, but if you need something sooner I would go with the Nakamura. I don't really put the Mori in the same class a an Okuma or Nakamura.

Now is the time to buy. The section 179 stimulus tax depreciation breaks will expire at the end of the year. Also the end of the year is a common time to see builders increase prices as new models roll out.