Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Wavy finish in pocket

BenK

I think its a cutter comp problem.. as in small moves and large comp value

how much cutter comp have you got on this toolpath..

control comp or wear

have you tried it with D2 = 0 ?

have you tried posting this with computer comp ??

I always use wear comp. My comp is only .0005

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. try using no cutter comp. even if your comp is set to 0.000 just having the G41/G42 throws in a whole extra set of calculations and I've seen it cause issues.

2. try linearizing the arcs so the chain is a bunch of very small line moves with no arcs (break many pieces). or you can disable arc output in the control def just to test it.

3. try disabling the high speed lookahead (G05P0) for this path. Depending on settings having the G05P10000 can cause issues if your code contains lines and arcs. try running it with the high speed lookahead off with arcs and running with high speed lookahead off without arcs to determine if this is the issue.

Roger,

The problem with taking out the cutter comp is that I can not control the size. I will have to try linearizing the arcs when I get some time in the machine again. The one problem with linearizing the arcs here would be program size, We already have an issue with space in the control as is. I looked into it and I don't even have the option to use G5P10000.

To me it looks like G-code problem.

I would think that if it was a problem with the code it would have still showed up on our A61. I find it hard to believe that I just cant use arc's in my program for an A66.