Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Optirough gouging

neurosis

I was running through my operations today preparing to machine our part in the next couple of days. I started to notice that my finishing cuts on one of the ramped legs did not appear to be cleaning up. I started to look in to what was causing the issue and noticed that it was caused by the optirough roughing cycle.

Has anyone run in to this issue yet? Here is a snap shot (problem area only) of the machined stock compared to the finish part via STL comparison.

I am glad that I noticed this prior to running it at the machine. This single piece of material was $750.

I removed the radius from the tool in the tool manager and the gouging went away. This path should come with a disclaimer stating that it does not yet work with bull nose endmills.

i think it's a verify quality issue , ive seen this a couple of times and the finished part turns to be perfect

you will also see this on some sharp corners at angle

This is definitely NOT a verify quality issue. Once I was able to detect this issue I was able to see the tool path that causes the gouge. It is definitely gouging this leg.

The step ups on this operation are about .125 and the tool corner rad is .125 so as you can see, the gouge is approximately .1 deep. Ive seen some verifiy quality issues as you say but this is not one of those times.

• 1 month later...

Ok, Ive had this happen again only this time I missed it in Verify. Luckily it wasnt a deep enough gouge to scrap the part. It back feed through part of an island in the middle of a part. When I edited the tool and removed the corner radius it fixed the tool path and left no gouge.

Will this be fixed in X6?

Ok, Ive had this happen again only this time I missed it in Verify. Luckily it wasnt a deep enough gouge to scrap the part. It back feed through part of an island in the middle of a part. When I edited the tool and removed the corner radius it fixed the tool path and left no gouge.

Will this be fixed in X6?

If you can, send your file in to qc so they can test it in X6.

This IS someting they are working on