Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

HPCC and toolpath filtering

Looks like toolpath filtering using arcs doesn't play well when running HPCC. I get either illegal arc or plane error, not always but often enough for me to start considering not using toolpath filters.

Do you turn filtering completely off when using HPCC or just arcs?

Am I missing something here?

TIA

Looks like toolpath filtering using arcs doesn't play well when running HPCC. I get either illegal arc or plane error, not always but often enough for me to start considering not using toolpath filters.

Do you turn filtering completely off when using HPCC or just arcs?

Am I missing something here?

TIA

there's 3 arc filters, dont check on the lower 2...filtering in g18,g19. Only use the G17 filter(x-y plane, the top one. Might be your problem.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Don't allow out of top plane arcs and you shoudl be good. I usually set my tolerances to .0025 to .0015 when roughing and .001 or better when finishing. Usually around .0008.

HTH

What surprised me is that unchecking the the xz and yz arcs didn't make much of the difference. I had to uncheck all three to get rid of alarms on some occasions. I don't think the total tolerance really matters here, but I never ever go more that .005 and that is for a large tool surface roughing thru material at 305+ ipm.

Which brings me to assume that what Tony does might be a key, points only and no arcs...

Thanks all <cheers>

I ramp down on all my HPCC paths and have never had this issue. The only time I did have it was while using the Volumill add-in; it created an arc so small that the machine control could not make the move, it was a clearance move to return to the begining of the cut. I set my tolerances to a 2:1 cut tol. .001 that always seems to work.

Funny, just this minute I found out the same thing from our maintenance guys after they talked to fanuc. (there is hpcc and there is hpcc with helical motions)

I'll ask for a quote to have it added to our 3 niigatas.

<cheers>