Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Spindle Chiller

We have a Okuma MCV-4020 with the 15k spindle. The machine is coming up to 2 years old, end of warranty.

The spindle chiller looses oil at the rate of 1 litre per week or so, machine tool dealer says that is normal?

Does any one else need to add spindle chiller oil to the machine, should the machine be using (leaking) chiller oil?

I would consider that pretty abnormal. I don't have any Okuma experience, but I've got other machine with 15,000rpm spindles that have never needed any of the oil added over 6 or 7 years.

I have the same machine.

1 litre per week??????

Heck no that's not normal! lol

I've been running this machine since it was brand new 4 yrs ago and i've only had to top off the sight glass one time.

It was at the low level, and the level hasn't changed since.

He's pulling your leg, find another dealer FAST!

Great machine though.

Love the control!

edit:

I regularly run the spindle anywhere from 10k-15k all the time, 40-50 hours a week, if that matters on oil consumption.

Thanks for the replys guys, kind of what I thought, they have been out 3 times to "look" at it.

Put dye in it the last time they were here, now but since they can't find the puddle, they seem to want to wash there hands of it.

I don't have the option of finding another dealer, they are the only one here in Ontario Canada.

I just want it fixed, no lemon laws that I know of.