Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Okuma Multus B400-W

cappy

Hello,

The company I work for just bought a used Okuma Multus B400-W. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this machine and what method used to program it. We currently run MasterCAM X2 MR2 SP1 with mill level 1. I am sure we will need a new post for MCAM. New hire thinks we need to look into Gibbs? I understand Okuma has there ADMAC for Okuma lathes. Can someone comment on what I am getting mmyself into.

Most of our parts are basic 2D lathe work, boring, turning, with face holes and now with this new machine will allow us to drill and tap angled holes. Parts are basic housings for bearings and machine tool spindle shafts. I would appreiate any input any of you may have.

Thanks,

Greg.

I use Esprit for programming the Multus. I do know of a couple of guys using MCX with an IHS post for their Multus.

As for ADMAC, ADMAC is to be discontinued at the end of this year. The replacement will be Okuma One Touch IGF. I have not used it yet though so I can't comment to its functionality. There will still be the Same 3DVM (virtual monitor) function available in IGF. IMO the nicest part of ADMAC is the 3DVM. The OSP control is a windows pc so the control software is what is running the code in 3DVM.

I appreciate all of your feedback. I have been called to a meeting @ 2:00 Central time to discuss how we will proceed with installation, training, operator, programmer, post issues, etc. Any other feedback would be appreicated. Thanks. Greg.

Give it a few months. ;)

I hope so! (fingers crossed)

The only training I did NOT get is with the Collision Avoidance Software. I REALLY REALLY wished I would have considering we don't have any verifying software.

It really sux running in single block while you are surfacing !!!

Get training on CAS!! You need to know how to draw tools, fixtures, stock and be able to import these things as well.B)