Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Moving toolpaths in the op manager

K2csq7

Slow morning....

A lot of times I'm cruising along banging out toolpaths like it's my job...errr

I will accidentaly grab a toolpath, drag and drop it down somewhere along the list. I wouldn't even know it happened if not for all my ops going dirty. I have no way of knowing what path it was, where it is, or where it was.

My question is, is there a way to undo a move like this in the ops manager, or at least a way to tell which op just got kicked around. I can always figure it out, but sometimes it takes a while.

TIA

Jay, in lathe using stock recognition...happy they go dirty and let me know something happened. Just heavy fingers on the mouse...

although not all go dirty, just the ones below where I grabbed the one I move, but it happens so quick I have no idea where I dropped it.

it depends on the type of toolpath. If they're lathe toolpaths changing the order will cause them to go dirty because of the stock recognition. With the mill toolpaths if I'm using remachining and have associated it to another operation or group of operations, then changing the order will cause other toolpaths to go dirty. B)

I started using backup a while ago, and it has save me at least a dozen times. Once the job is successfully run I delete all the backups.

Now I'm trying autosave (set to 5min.) AND backup (set to max 300 files). seems good so far (20mins...:D).

One more thing I've been thinking about for a backup of the job once it has been proven, is to make a zip to go of the file. I play with posts MD & CD to fit each job and am wondering if the zip to go will save the file with a copy of the post, MD & CD EXACTLY how they were when the Z2G was created? To allow me to open a file made in the past and have it post EXACTLY the same as it did when it was saved...even if I have since altered the MD, CD, or post.

Anyone know if what I am after will work?

To allow me to open a file made in the past and have it post EXACTLY the same as it did when it was saved... if I have since altered the MD, CD, or post.

Yes, that would do what you're looking to do. The thing is though as I was describing in another topic that the machine & control def saved to the part file is a local copy to the part file. For example: if I have the A axis turned off as a default then use the edit utility in the machine group properties to turn the A axis back on, it is only turned on for that part file. As long as I do not reload the machine def into the part file it will retain the setting specific to that part file. B)

Oh, I also back off the number of backup files from 10 to 4 (creates less info that way)

((I hadn't checked the backup folder in a couple of weeks and it had 300+meg worth of junk in it)) B)

As long as I do not reload the machine def into the part file it will retain the setting specific to that part file.

Will the Z2G file save a "independent" copy of the MD & CD? That will NOT be affected by future changes to the MD's & CD's in the "\shared mcamx5\CNC MACHINES" folder?

Thanks CJep, very helpful info.

300+meg worth of junk
haha!

I probably delete 50-100 copies of each file once it has been proven on the floor.

Will the Z2G file save a "independent" copy of the MD & CD? That will NOT be affected by future changes to the MD's & CD's in the "\shared mcamx5\CNC MACHINES" folder?

Yes, in fact I do something along those lines when working on a customer's part file, I extract the post, machine & control def into the folder with the part file and run the customer's file out of the same folder.

The only thing I'm not certain about is how it will Mcam will react if I have a machine & control def with the same name in CNC_Machines. I'm fairly certain that the files in cnc_mach will try to override. B)

Jay, in lathe using stock recognition...happy they go dirty and let me know something happened. Just heavy fingers on the mouse...

although not all go dirty, just the ones below where I grabbed the one I move, but it happens so quick I have no idea where I dropped it.

Ah I missed the lathe part yes you are correct and that drives me crazy to.