Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Previous Zoom

K2csq7

Hi all,

When drawing and dimensioning large diameter parts I have to "zoom fit" to grab an entity on the left side of center line, then zoom back into (mouse wheel) the right side to click the same entity (mirrored on the opposite side of centerline) and lock the dimension in place.

I use alt+F1 for zoom fit and wanted to know if there is a way to go back (set up hotkey) to the previous zoomed area. Thought I had it with "previous view" but that changes to the previous Gview (top, front, right side.....)

I have to do this a million times over and zooming back into where I was before hitting alt+F1 with the mouse wheel is really annoying and time consuming...

Doubt this function exists, but you can't win if you don't play right!!!!!!!

TIA

Restores zoom to its previous setting. If the zoom queue contains no previous setting, this function reduces the size of the displayed geometry to 50% of its current size.

Thanks JP, sounds like exactly what I am looking for, "If the zoom queue contains no previous setting" <<<< Gonna take me a bit to figure out how to get the "zoom queue to contain a previous setting" :blink:, will play with it for this group of parts.

p.s. Use F1 to zoom in to a window instead of scrolling the mouse wheel.

I do, but most of the parts are such large dia and small features, I have to zoom window once to get me close then wheel in or zoom window again.

I cannot get the "zoom queue" to "contain a previous setting"... It just keeps zooming out by a factor of .5

Anyone use this setting and care to give me a quick step by step... if your looking for something to do :D

maybe try viewports or viewsheets.

+1

This works well also for if you are looking at different angles with different zooms. No need to keep zooming out. rotating the view around and zooming in again.

I do wish you could name views - just the view, not a coordinate system. I always felt MC was confusing in this regard and missing a basic function.

Crazy, you crazy... I don't follow... lol

within, picture a 100" dia. part that your trying to put some diameter dimensions on, and the height of your dimension text is only .030" because there are so many features. You have to screen fit, zoom into the left side (pretty small zoom level) click the feature, then screen fit again, then zoom into the right side to grab the other side of the feature/dimension and lock it into place. Not a big deal, just a lot of clicks I was trying to cut back on, maybe I can assign a custom gview and add it to my right click menu, that should keep the last zoom level as well as the X,Y for the center of the screen...

Keith for that you will probably have to write your own chook or a VB script to do that. Might could doa key mapping, but not sure how it would work.

My comments above was about replacing the config file or .kmp file if ever lost on a X5 an above system that is the place to go look for original files if ever corrupted or changed. So yes I am crazy, but in this case it was a crazy good answer. :)

• Like 1

If i gotta zoom, rotate a bunch, it's F1, mouse wheel and F2. I don't know of a quicker way, which there could very well be one. This is the fastest way I've found, though. When i'm done zooming in, i just hit the F2 a few times to get back where i started. Not a one-hit solve, but efficient enough for me.

Wish "name & save the current graphics view" would still work when I am in the Top Gview... because when you switch between gviews the zoom is right there where you last left it...

Not a problem, I will survive!!!!!!!!!!

Crazy, your so crazy you know the answer before I know the question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!