Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Okuma Genos???

Seen the lead time on new Mazak's, lathes and mills, lately?

Yeah my Mazak salesman was just in here yesterday. The Kentucky machines are all 4+ months out! Machines from Japan have good lead times though.

Did you guys get your 510C up and going yet?

The 510C is running as I type. Sweetest machine I've ever used. Sorry Roku-Roku, you're in second place now. :)

That one took 8 weeks to get and we've had it for a couple months now. We just ordered another identical 510C and it's scheduled to arrive sometime mid February. :o

And, I just found out if we don't order the Okuma we're looking at within the next couple weeks, we won't see it until next year too. Not good news when you've got work up the yinyang and need a lathe right now. But alas, there are worse problems.

They should give you a loaner until your new machine comes in.

We had one, when we ordered our Okuma lathe.

We don't have a Genos machine here, though we looked at one awhile back (ended up buying nothing) and weren't horrified. As far as I know the Genos line is built by a Taiwanese subcontractor but has Okuma electronics and spindle, turret, etc. We are a serious Okuma house with maybe [17] of their machines in production and [2] more inbound; if Morris told us we were going to be happy with Genos, we would buy one. We have [2] Czech-built ZPS / Okuma 30X16 VMCs that have been running day in and day out for [10] years even though they were supposedly "cheap." I think Okuma is too smart to put their name on some POS.

C

Most of the Genos line is built in Taiwan, at an Okuma factory with ALL Okuma parts at Okuma standards and quality. Great machine for the money. This line has limited models with less options as the other Okuma lines built in Japan. By reducing the options and manufacturing prebuilt-in options this reduces costs and streamlines prodution. These machines hold up very well and at the price point nothing else compares.