Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Modifying Posts

I have zero experience with posts. All of my mastercam programming experience is from school and we didn't mess with the post any but I'd like to change the one at the shop where I work if I can. We just installed x5 a couple weeks ago and I thought for certain I told the Mastercam sales rep how I wanted my posted configured but he decided to do it his way I guess and I wasn't crazy enough about him to call and try to get it fixed. For some reason it always sends the machine home at the beginning of the program. Maybe there is a logical explanation to this but I see no benefit in my shop so I would like to eliminate it without doing manually everytime I post. It also sends it home at the end. I don't mind this in Y but again I see no point to return X home too. Any advice would be appreciated. Oh yeah, its a generica Mazak post. Also, why does it always post it as program number 0000. If i go to tool settings in the operations manager and change the program number there it just posts the number in parenthesis as the name. How do I get it to post an actual defined program number

When you first start doing post editing, it can be very intimidating.

1st thing is 1st..... make a backup of your original file... just copy/paste it and then rename it to something like MPOkumaORIGINAL.pst

open up your post and look for psof this is Start Of File (or beginning of the program)

what do you see?

same thing for peof (end of file, or end of program)

What I do is make one small change at a time, then post a program that mills a contour, drills a hole, and does at least 2-3 tool changes.

This covers 90% of my stuff for the most part.

But I highly suggest looking at the help file.

Also turn on Post Debugging, this will help you find which line does what.

With Mastercam Post Processors, there are switches inside the toolpaths that enable/disable features in the Post.

It sounds like your Misc. Integer #1 is not set to '2'.

When MI#1 is set to '0' or '1', the post will output G92 Home position at the start and end of the file. When it is set to '2', you get Work Offsets of G54, G55, G56, ect., based on the value of the "Work Offset" data entry field (found on the "Planes (WCS)" page).

Also if your program number is all zeros then you most likely never entered a program number when creating your operations. Set your program number in your first operation. You may not be keen on your reseller, but you are going to need him. Seems the issues stated are not in your post but in your use of Mastercam so give him a call and give him a chance.