Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Newbie - DRafting on Mastercam X5

Armand Palacio

Hi, my teacher gave me some drawings to duplicate and practice at home and one thing that is giving some troubles right now is when there are decimal places involve like for example a 24.95mm circle. When I use the circular dimension to illustrate it becomes 25mm. When I analyse the entity properties of that circle it is still 24.95mm. Is it normal that it will do an automatic round off ? or do I need to do some tweaking on the "drafting option" to fix the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated :-)

As you dimension you can type T and the dimension settings come up, on the left you can click on the dimension settings and adjust the resolution of your measurement to 2 places instead of 1 that you probably have right now.

I have adjusted the decimal places to 2 or even 3 at the dimension attributes, but still I get the same results. It is still rounding off to the nearest ones :-(

• 2 weeks later...

X5 HLE

- Can't post NC code.

- Dimensioning limited.

- Will time out in 6 months (you just need to re-download it again)

- Oh, you can't access C-Hooks, either.

You could... Click on the dimension and go to Analyze Entities Properties (the ? icon...upper right toolbar icon). Then click Edit Text (123 icon)..From there change the value to what you want. Its sort of cheating. Dimension values don't HAVE TO equal the actual values.