Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hackers beware

Charles Davis

Mark,

quote:

I'll even take on Lovelace for this one.

I was just joshin you biggrin.gif It's that I have always enjoyed reading your comments and have not seen much of you as of late. - congrats on the hundredth post and keep them coming.

I know that we all get busy and now we have vacations to plan and families to contend with. Stirring the pot every now and then is not meant to hurt anybody, it's just a stress reliever for most of us. It's good to blow off a little steam amoung friends, and afterall we are good forum friends in here.

The talk about drink from the silver cup was mentioned in a song and as usual I cannot remember the artist. The mention of the Stanley Cup only added to this confusion, therefore I will simply close by saying How About Those Toronto Blue Jays? what is it ten games straight?

Almost forgot - Hackers suck! there, now I feel better about contributing to the thread topic. biggrin.gif

cheers.gif

Regards, Jack

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

I will simply close by saying How About Those Toronto Blue Jays?

Here in Philly we dont like em' ... can you say "The Pay Off Pitch" ... I still cringe.

quote:

The talk about drink from the silver cup was mentioned in a song and as usual I cannot remember the artist.

I believe it is AMERICA. ... " all the loneley people, thinking that life has passed them by. Dont give up until you drink from the silver cup ... " or something like that. When I get home I will have to listen to that to get it out of my head.

Hey, A-Ron! How's it going?

That's a funny list. Has nothing to do with anything, but funny. Where'd you find it? I'll go search the web for a similarly erroneous and unfounded list of jokes about conservatives and send it your way. Of course, neither list will prove a damn thing, other than that it's easier to make a bunch of cheap shots than it is to assemble a cohesive argument.

I don't disagree that the longest period of economic growth in US history may have been on the wane before Clinton left office. But are we supposed to demonize Clinton for not making it last even longer? Meanwhile, Bush Jr isn't the least bit responsible for turning it into the worst economy since the Great Depression? Talk about hypocrisy!

As for the 'Liberal Media'.. So you're saying that knowledgeable people who make their living following current political events overwhelmingly voted Democratic? Boy, you'd think that would be a powerful endorsement. Too bad it's not true.

I think the study you were refering to was conducted by The Media Research Center, a self-described conservative media watchdog group. They quoted a 2001 Gallup poll, in which 25% of the press self-identified as liberals, and 27% self-identified as Democrats. Meanwhile, something like 20% self-identified as Republicans, and 11% self-identified as conservatives (sorry, I don't have the study in front of me at the moment). You could twist this around to say that 89% did not self-identify as conservatives, therefore they must be liberals, but that wouldn't be accurate. The majority self-identified as moderates or undeclared. It was only when the Media Research Center arbitrarily added in business reporters that the results became lop-sided towards liberals and Democrats, apparently demonstrating that well-educated people who make their living watching business and the economy overwhelmingly self-identified as liberals. Again, sounds like an endorsement to be proud of. Media Research Center

http://secure.mediaresearch.org.

Hey Jack. How's Canada?

[ 06-20-2003, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: Mark Lovelace ]

Mark Lovelace,

I first want to say I am a registered republican (mainly because my dad said you have to be in the county I live in). I have voted Dem, Rep, and IND over the years. I am very concerned with the current econimc situation particularly in the Manufacturing Sector. So I think we probably share many of the same concerns. I have no particular allegiance to Busch Jr. I do personnally think he is a decent man trying to do what he believes is best for the country and relyin on mostly competent people he has put around him.

That said, why the two links ??? It has been estimeted (by the NY ways and means committe and others) that as much as 40% of the drop in Gross Domestic Product can be attributed to the effect of 9/11. Most legitmitate economists acknowledge that the current economic downward trend was in fact in motion prior to Clinton leaving office. GW didnt just show up in the Oval Office, unpack his pencils and say "OK first on the agenda ... how can we screw up the economy". And then hire some middle eastern guys to fly planes into the WTC's.

My point is simply that Clinton (BTW I voted for him once) took the approach that has become popular in business and did whatever was neccessary to keep the bottom line looking good for today only.

Interestingly I found a connection between the topic here and the subject that it twisted into. The dirrection of this thread paralells the thinking of William Jefferson Clinton himself.

There is a local war hero here in PA named David Christian. http://www.davidchristian.us/

A well decorated from Vietnam. He was on the radio a few months ago and told a story of when he was working with the Clinton Administration. He was expressing concern over intelligence information regarding impending threats to the US which he felt were being ignored. Clinton apparently didnt want the particular situation dealt with so when this was brought to Clinton's attention, he had Mr. Christian re-assigned. Gues what his new assignment was ? Yup ... piracy of copyrighted media (movies etc.).

The thread turned O/T a bit .

I don`t intend to insult nobody and am not going to speak about politics or economy.

I only want to express my feeling of the man of the East ,overweighted with archaic traditional way of thinking about the man and their behavior.

A man must be the MAN !

When he makes a mistake he must proudly admit that yes I did it .

And everybody` ll understand ,cause no one is a SAINT.

Otherwice he momentaly loose a face , turning to a coward and to be a coward is the worst thing in

life !

And adultery is not a crime that will destroy

the future of a man.

The lie distroys his future turning him to the liar and a coward and the case to laugh for everyone.

I never wish to be the one !

CAMmando,

Sorry I missed this before but at least I noticed it on a second look. biggrin.gif

quote:

You are hanging onto the Smoke and Mirrors view of the Clinton regime like an Al Gore chad in a Florida Ballot.

You are definatly showing some serious potential here! smile.gif

Jack teh - you put the lime in the coconut and mix it all up biggrin.gif sorry Rekd, I just could help myself.

Hackers are animals! smile.gif

cheers.gif

Regards, Jack

[ 06-22-2003, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: Jack Mitchell ]

Cammando,

I have voted for Republicans in the past, and even for Libertarians. I also believe that GWB is a decent man, but I am bothered by his hubris, his swagger, and his lack of humility. And I'm sure it's no surprise that I am also bothered by some of his policies.

I wasn’t trying to say that Clinton is without blame, nor do I like to be in the position of defending him. But I get frustrated when people try to blame all of the nation’s current woes on him. Some of the blame must go even further back, to the de-regulation that started under Reagan. Just as the current Iraq situation has roots in the arms deals of the 80’s, so does the economy. Of course, every president tries to take the credit for all of the good, while passing the blame for all of the bad. But sooner or later, each sitting president has to assume responsibility for the state of the union under his administration.

The two links were not meant to have anything in common. The 9/11 one was responding to Jack's reference to the JFK ‘conspiracy’. The other was relating to economics. No connection. But thanks for finding the Clinton/intelligence/piracy connection. Makes this all seem a little less O/T.

Oh, and I think you’re right about the song. Jack, what does he win?

cheers.gif