Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Holders

sparnai

Does anyone know if some of the older surface toolpaths such as Flowline, finish shallow, etc. are getting the new tree style facelift in X6 or do we need to get used to migrating completely to the new HST's? I really like the new toolpaths but sometimes I still like the functionality of the old surface paths, possibly because that's what I know best and when the spindle's are on your heels (as always) I need to generate quick code to keep the spindles running and I don't have a lot of time to play with new settings. I have started using Raster in place of flowline in some instances, but it does not work quite like flowine.

The only issue I have is that I use Active Reports setup sheet I customized for our shop and if the toolpath is not a new tree-style that has holders, it does not generate a graphic image for my tool assembly. The work around I started using is to use a point toolpath first which does allow holders.

By the way, any news if X6 will be released soon?

Define the tool as a tool and holder together

Eg for end mill 16 mm in er32 holder imput values for arbor diameter 55 mm

You will see the tool like tool and holder together

Other way change your default holder for the holder you need

In both cases you will see good results for backplot and verification

For the older surface toolpaths which I still use everyday I don't believe they will ever update them to treestyle with holders. These toolpaths were licensed tech from a third party. I do like some of the new high speed toolpaths but most of them take a lot more geometry to get them to work properly. They also create a lot more G-code. If you have older machines with limited memory that becomes an issue real fast.