Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Active Reports

Brian B 74

From my understanding, the active reports need to 'process' each toolpath to pull all of the required information from it. So the 'snapshots' that you see on your screen are actually the active reports going through that individual toolpath and pulling out speeds, feeds, tooling info, machining time etc....whatever info you use on the actual report. I may be mistaken, but this is how it seems to work for me. HTH Brendan

• 2 months later...

What I did to greatly speed this up was open the RPX file with the MCAM Editor and remove the CAPTURES subreport from there. What it does is actually display each toolpath and take a snapshot of each one, this is both time consuming and unnecessary. My report still generates the main page CAPTURE but skips the other OPS, I mean it is fast, the only draw back I've noticed is that when the captures are gone so is the Cycle Time calculation; this happened after X4 MU1. If I open an old program the Cycle Time is back and so are the CAPTURES unless I replace the MD in the machine properties. The Cycle Time is off anyways as it does not take into account pecking cycles and tool changes.

I here your frustration and this is why I am currently still using X+ in X5 for tool lists. I did actually request for there to be a link to the toolmanager page that we could use in the active reports program so that we could use active reports to generate just a tool list from here without reading all the ops. Don't have X6 installed yet so don't know if it has been implimented ?

I here your frustration and this is why I am currently still using X+ in X5 for tool lists. I did actually request for there to be a link to the toolmanager page that we could use in the active reports program so that we could use active reports to generate just a tool list from here without reading all the ops. Don't have X6 installed yet so don't know if it has been implimented ?

I believe that you should be able to do this by going into the tool manager, right clicking and selecting import/export tools --> report or detailed report. I'm using X5 MU1

I believe that you should be able to do this by going into the tool manager, right clicking and selecting import/export tools --> report or detailed report. I'm using X5 MU1

Yes this is correct but not customizable and the basic one is too basic and the detailed one too detailed for our needs.

are you sure you cannot customise the standard mastercam activereports? I have not tried to but I would have thought it possible...

Good question, pretty sure I asked Ruth Delise about this and couldn't be done but on looking at it now i can't see why not. Will look into this some more.

Good question, pretty sure I asked Ruth Delise about this and couldn't be done but on looking at it now i can't see why not. Will look into this some more.

It can be customized by opening up the Active Reports Designer. It takes a little messing around with to figure out where to pull the info from for your report. There should be a tutorial as well, but you may have to get that from your reseller.