Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Ahhhh! How to change mm to in?

SoSalty

Our class just got started with MasterCam, at 1st I selected mm as that's my preferred measure. Yet now I find the program quite powerful and converting the units from inches isn't working out (sometimes MC translates in the background). I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling selecting inches, yet my student/home program continues to operate in mm.

How can I switch it from metric to inches? (Analyze in inches and switching to non-metric lathe didn't work.)

Thanks,

SoSalty

Outstanding! Had to look a moment to find 'current' Wouldn't of guessed any settings were designated as which version of program to run.

Perfect timing to get my Monday homework out of the way, Thank you, Thank you . . .

In a few weeks, my questions should have a bit more pizazz.

• 1 year later...

What about the tools?

I've change the settings to inches, then when i went to write my tool paths, the tools still came in as mm. I searched for my old tool caytalog and alot of odd stuff popped up. You know, just different tool catalogs.

Also, how does one rescale a drawing?

I'm working on a Stratocaster design for my template manufacturing business and I have some crazy scale....like over 300 inches!

Or if someone has a great Strat file...Pick Guard, Neck with frets, Body, Tremelo etc..... could you please send it my way?

[email protected]

maybe a DXF file?

Hey I have great Tele stuff......lets trade?

Maybe I should clarify the problem.

I'm working on a file that was a DXF drawn in mm.

1.) I opened it in Mastercam, and switched the settings into inches.

2.) So I was able to fing a .375 flat endmill to make my first pocket cut.

3.) I selected my pockets and when I went into parameters, it looked a little different...the default numbers.

so I changed my depth of cut to -.51 in inches of course.

4.) Then just to double check, i went into stock set up and the "select corners" tab. I stretched my box around my objet and

IT WAS STILL IN MM.....i assume because the numbers were so high.

5.) So, how does one correct all the issues in a conversion from mm to inches?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you Glen.... "In House Solutions " Where can I send the check? Worked perfectly.

You also may know the answer to this...

When I turn on my Comupter that runs my mill, and I open Mach 3, why is the screen stuck on the small size? I tried shutting it off , unplugging the monitor and it's still the same.

Also, sometimes the icons are on a different side of the screen.

Any thoughts?

Rob

Aligning text to the inside of an oval?

I have a bunch of oval cut outs in corian and I'd like to make a few gifts for friends on my mill.

I'd like to be able to take text and align it to the contour that i drew.

On the text tool there doesnt seem to be an easy solution to accomplish this.

BTW... I corrected my screen to get my Mach 3 back to normal.... so if there is helkp for this text alingment issue, let me know

Rob

Thanks