Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

problems changing control definition

powerfulp

I want to post arcs that aren't broken in quadrants. Currently when I post, it breaks the arcs into quadrants. Anybody know how to do this? If so, you can just reply without reading the rest of my message because the rest of my message just tells you what I am doing to get this to work the way I want and it's not working...

To get it to not break the arcs, I went in the "Control Definition" in "settings". In the control topics, there is "Arc". I select this and check the XY plane under Arc breaks to allow 360 degree arcs. Also under arc break options I have selected "Don't break arcs".

When I go to save this, I get a "Control Definition Database Save Warning" that says, "Your changes can not be saved to the active Machine Group from the Control Definition Manager. Please enter the Machine Definition Manager to accomplish this task."

So now I go into "Machine Definition" and a "Machine Definition File Warning" box appears. Is says, "You have chosen to edit the disk copy of the machine definition:" & "changing this file will affect all future Mastercam files that it is used in. Proceed with editing this machine definition file?" I hit the green check mark then it wanted me to save my existing file in mastercam. I didn't know what I was doing here and figured I had better cancel this before I do something to mess it up.

If you make the changes thru the MD they "should" take effect immediately...

If you make the changes thru the CD only, you'll need to restart Mcam for the change to take effect.

Depending on the post, you may also need to change something in the post.....break_arc??? or something like that...

so just hit "No" for that question every time.

First thank you Colin for letting us know what thats all about... though I always say no, I never really knew why...

Sounds like the question should be "Do you want to save your active MCX file into your machine definition?"

Instead of "MCX-5 file has changed. Save it?" <<<<< EXTREMELY misleading....

Glad I could help. Unfortunately we can't just change the wording in the dialog box, as Mastercam uses a common dialog for the saving mechanism internally. I can tell you that we are changing the whole Machine Definition/Control Definition/Post scheme (making it a lot easier for everyone), but this change won't be for 1 or 2 more versions.

• 2 years later...