Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Optirough: Is this a bug

dfedwards

I have had a couple of files that Optirough has issues with stepdown depths. Sometimes it will repeat and entire Z level and sometimes it may completely skip a Z level. For example, say I am roughing a pocket 1.5 inches deep with stepdown of 0.500, it roughs the 1st depth at Z-.500, skips the 2nd depth completely and goes to the next depth of Z-1.500 - What's worse is it tries to rapid through that level it missed. I have caught this every time and it hasn't caused any crashes, and I have been tracking this and I have found that the thing that seems to be in common is either an undercut in the pocket or crossholes thru the pocket walls. Has anyone else seen this? I'm running X5 MU1.

I'll look tomorrow, I know I have a file or two on the network that has had this issue. I create a work around usually by creating individual operations for each depth. I admit that I don't send things like this to QC as often as I should, I will find a work around and deal with it when I should be helping the problem for everyone and sending it in to QC.