Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Edit Cimco settings with new version of MCX

spade117

Is there a way to edit/carry over the settings inside the cimco editor? Whenever I update to a new version of mastercam, the settings inside the cimco editor alwats revert back to the default.

Also, inside windows explorer, it seems that the default program to open files reverts back to notepad or wordpad. When I try to make the default program be the cimco.exe file, it seems like it doesn't stick and it doesn't show up in the other programs area when opening a file.

Also, inside windows explorer, it seems that the default program to open files reverts back to notepad or wordpad. When I try to make the default program be the cimco.exe file, it seems like it doesn't stick and it doesn't show up in the other programs area when opening a file.

I get the same thing for .pst files. Windows keeps defaulting to powerpoint.

I haven't looked into it but it seems like a windows problem to me. It's supposed to change the default when you use the checkbox to change it but it's not staying.

Yep. I seem to remember the same thing happening when installing X5, but I can't recall what I did to fix it.

Is there a way to edit/carry over the settings inside the cimco editor? Whenever I update to a new version of mastercam, the settings inside the cimco editor alwats revert back to the default.

Are you using the Cimco editor that comes with the Mcam install or the licensed copy?

If it is the OEM version, that editor is being launched from a new location. In the McamX5 install it's located here - (C:\program files\mcamx5\common\editors\cimcoedit5).

In the dll folder there is a file called "editorconfig.dll" you could try copying that file to the new install.

I'm running a licensed copy of the Cimco editor so going from X5 to X6 was taken care of by the migration utility.

The OEM version of the Cimco editor for the McamX5 install is located here - (C:\program files\mcamx5\common\editors\cimcoedit5\dll).

In the dll folder there is a file called "editorconfig.dll" you could try copying that file to the new install.

The OEM version of the Cimco editor for the McamX5 install is located here - (C:\program files\mcamx5\common\editors\cimcoedit5\dll).

Nope, no luck with that.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...