Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Importing .ai/.eps files into MCX5MU1

Arrow

Hey,

I'm trying to import a picture into Mastercam...it was a .JPEG originally, would have been simple with Ras2Vec, but we are stuck on Entry :( ... A friend of mine ran the file through Adobe Illustrator and exported the picture as both an .eps and an .ai file. Mastercam says it can import the files, but when I go to bring them in, it gives me an error saying "Selected File Could Not Be Converted. Conversion Process Failed." Could anybody give me some advice on this? I'm kind of stumped!

Thanks in advance! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

I'm trying to import a picture into Mastercam...it was a .JPEG originally, would have been simple with Ras2Vec, but we are stuck on Entry :( ... A friend of mine ran the file through Adobe Illustrator and exported the picture as both an .eps and an .ai file. Mastercam says it can import the files, but when I go to bring them in, it gives me an error saying "Selected File Could Not Be Converted. Conversion Process Failed." Could anybody give me some advice on this? I'm kind of stumped!

Thanks in advance! ;)

Send it over and I will try with Adobe Illustrator.

Hockey Guy,

Thanks for the offer...unfortunately, I'm not allowed to share this file as the owner of it needs it to stay confidential. I think at this point I will just pull it into another CAD program of mine that can import JPEGs and trace over it manually...time consuming and not too accurate, but once in Mastercam I can clean it up. Thank you again for your offer!

Hey,

Thanks in advance! ;)

Can you have your friend run it through illustrator and export as a .dxf? I don't know how detailed the picture is, or what all you need from it, but whenever I do anything from AI to MCam, I always export to .dxf in Illustrator, and that's worked relatively well for me

He didnt' seem to be able to export as a .dxf...maybe he isn't using AI after all. BTW, what does this error mean? "The resource file was not set up." I click OK, then get "The resource file was not set up. Conversion process failed." Click OK again, then I have a blank screen in front of me. Is this something wrong with the file itself, or is it something that I have set wrong in Mastercam? I'm still feeling my way around with all of the advanced features, and am not sure what I happen to be doing wrong.

The picture is just a corporate logo that I want to be able to import into MCX and then trace to give me the needed vectors and arcs (Management doesn't want to spend any more many than it has to on programming software :wallbash: ) so that I can toolpath it.

If anybody has any idea what these errors mean, and what I can do to get around them, I would really appreciate it.