Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Worst Crash

Karl@CP PISTONS

Well, I have a bad one to tell on myself. I was working on settting up a new job at the place I used to work, I had been working on the same job for a couple of days, it was a Sunday evening after being in all weekend and my boss was standing right behind me nagging in my ear the hole time about how I couldn't figure it out, not really a bad guy just giving me a hard time. It was a Matsura Twin Spindle Vertical Mill, he says look at that the coolant isn't even hitting the cutter right so I turned around and withouth looking just reached up to adjust the coolant line when WHAMM the tool change arm came around and tried to change my pointer finger out with a boring bar. And then on the way to the hospital he starts asking me what the hell did you do that for? What else could I say but I wasn't thinking and he wouldn't shut up.

DON'T WORRY KARL, ALLEN WILL HAVE HIS LITTLE MEXICAN BUY 2 BUCKS WORTH OF GUM, GET A FEW COAT

HANGERS AND THEY WILL HAVE THAT BABY HUMMIN ALONG

IN NOTHING FLAT. TOO BAD THAT WHEEL DIDENT GO THRU

HIS CORVETT!!!

HA HA JOHN

PS I SAW A GUY STICK A 1 INCH ROUGHER THRU THE TOP

OF A 50K ROTARY TABLE GEAR BOX. AND IT WAS BRAND NEW! KILLED IT GOOD.

Wow thats alot said and he screamed it.

You may not want to yell certain parts of that.

Welcome to the forum.

mold100's wife teh' its not what you you teh its how you teh it!

[ 07-02-2003, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: mold100 ]

quote:

When the machine rapid traversed home it found that there was an obstacle in its way and, as machine tools like to do, just kept right on pushing trying to get where its supposed to be.

Chris, you just reminded me of one with that statement. It wasn't a big crash, just a bonehead move. A few years ago, the guy on nights was running the big manual vertical Cincinnati mill. He had a tall part so he engaged the Z feed and pulled the rapid lever to lower the table down. The only problem was that he didn't move the day shift mill operator's roll around Kennedy box far enough out of the way and the table came down on top of it. It crunched the toolbox and made it look like a V-block about 3 drawers deep. The company bought him a new box.

Thad