Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fanuc Robodrill

post-1349-0-36686300-1324002868_thumb.jpg

So I pulled the trigger to buy my 1st machine and this is it. I seen the machine a month ago to talk about renting machine time. The shop is moving to Fl. and I made an offer to buy it so they didnt have to move it. Well they took the offer good deal I think. Anyhow, it has an OM it seems to be very well maintained. I am not sure of the year but wondering if anyone is aware how complicated it is going to be to set up drip feed with DNC. I would be really sure it is possible, I ran these with 16i before never the OM. I been away for awhile, mostly doing design stuff but if all falls into place as it about has to now ........ I am back ...... oh again LOL ....

• Like 1
Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

If it's an i series control, you can set it up to run off the card, no sickly DNC by drip feed. There's EXTENSIVE information in here for finding out what to do. Do a search for "Poorman's Dataserver".

Thanks fellas, yes I believe an A series, no card, no I series control Just a basic OM. It does have an rs-232 on side so not a huge issue, I am curious if a normal cable will work or if I need to make one that has jumped wires. I looked at this machine briefly thinking I would be renting machine time on it, then the guy decided to move shop and I asked if he would sell it and next thing you know ........ delivery in 2 weeks.

When I bought my OM-A control I sent the main board to North American Industrial in Mississauga Ontario and the changed out Two eeproms and re-wrote the ladder logic.

Along with a new switch connected inside the cabinet, I now have DNC enabled.

Tom Peloski

1-905-565-6166

Lee

• 2 weeks later...

Lee,

Thank you for this info, can you tell me what est. cost about was, you can pm or email me. I am not sure if I have to go this route because my control is "supposed" to be a B or C . Can you tell me if you had a parralle port on the side? I can upload and download just fine, but the 32,000 kb of memory is virtually nothing (it was 8,000) but a few bit switches got us up to this controls max, baud rate was set at 1200 also have it now at 9600 ..... man that is old tech but hey 1st cnc :). I do not have the tape mode or a DNC button so I do not even know where or how to begin. I read some stuff about G127.5 in the Ladder but I also have no clue who what when or where about that.

Going to call Tom tomorrow thanks Lee ........

Thanks,

Corey