Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cincinatti Milacron Acramatic 850 SX

Lee.

Hello All,

I am trying to help a friend out with an old machine he just picked up.

If anyone is running one of these can you let me know and see if you can help with some issues i'm having.

One for sure is loading tools.

I put a tool in to the spindle and cannot get it to put it away.

Error,

Illegal tool in spindle?????

TIA,

Lee.

Hi Jason,

How can you load ATC?

I have a Fadal and it's as simple as load tool into spindle, M6 call different tool and it automatically puts the tool I just put in, away and gets called tool wether there is a tool in ATC or not.

Lee.

Cincinatti Milcron.

I can perform tool change cycles, however when I do, the Z goes up and then ATC comes in as if it knows there is no tool in spindle and then Z drops onto supposed tool ( there are no tools in ATC, cuz can't figure out how to load it ) then ATC goes back home.

???????

Lee.

I can perform tool change cycles, however when I do, the Z goes up and then ATC comes in as if it knows there is no tool in spindle and then Z drops onto supposed tool ( there are no tools in ATC, cuz can't figure out how to load it ) then ATC goes back home.

Now load the tool in the spindle do a M6 and call another tool, it will put that one back and get another empty pocket, repeat.

Allan

Lee,

after aligning the m/c does it ask to align the atc?

using the buttons on the right hand side of screen, in manual mode there should be an option to "jog drum to spindle" and vice versa, also option buttons for rotating the drum back and forth! if memory serves me right you have to get the "jog drum to spindle" highlighted on the screen then press the "mechanisim jog" button above the cycle button to move the atc.

be carfull at with aligning the drum, because when booting the machine it does not know which is tool 1!!!!