Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Chaanging A & B axis settings in Haas trunion post.

Im using a Haas T5C2 5 axis roatary indexer and can not for the life of me get it to post the correct angles. I have the tool planes and the Wcs set correctly in MC5. When it post it seems the B is off by 180 degress and the A is off by 90 degrees. I have tried the machine definition file and to no avail has it helped. I'm assuming editing the MD file doesnt help and it has to be changed in the post. Please help!!!!

I took a look at the file, I was able to get close with the below settings in the post.

rotaxis1$ = vecy  #Zero       
rotdir1$  = -vecx #Direction  

#Secondary axis angle description (in machine base terms)
#With nutating (mtype 3-5) the nutating axis and this plane normal
#are aligned to calculate the secondary angle 
rotaxis2$ = vecz  #Zero        
rotdir2$  = -vecy  #Direction

But all work done on the left & bottom planes is still coming out reversed. If I have a chance tomorrow, I will try to dig into it some more. It is repositioning itself or something (the X values on the left plane are negative when they should be positive).

The above settings should work for all planes but the left & bottom.

I took a look at the file, I was able to get close with the below settings in the post.

rotaxis1$ = vecy  #Zero       
rotdir1$  = -vecx #Direction  

#Secondary axis angle description (in machine base terms)
#With nutating (mtype 3-5) the nutating axis and this plane normal
#are aligned to calculate the secondary angle 
rotaxis2$ = vecz  #Zero        
rotdir2$  = -vecy  #Direction

But all work done on the left & bottom planes is still coming out reversed. If I have a chance tomorrow, I will try to dig into it some more. It is repositioning itself or something (the X values on the left plane are negative when they should be positive).

The above settings should work for all planes but the left & bottom.

Yeah I did the same thing with similar results, their has to be something else causing it to go weird for some reason.