Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Stock to leave BUG X6

Thee Rickster ™

In X6 when you edit a tool path re check EVERY PARAMETER ON EVERY PAGE.

If you change a step over, tolerance , tool number, or just about any thing, be sure to

re check, at minimum your stock to leave. Many things magically default to a weird number

like this.

This is the 2nd time i changed something in a LIGHTS OUT over nighter only to find that

any path I edited, SOMETHING MAGICALLY changed to a default value and I had to re run

1 to 3 hours of cutter path after I fix the values that scr3wed up.

The even weirder thing is 0.05" is not the default integers in those boxes when I originally

make the path??? Both the 1/8 ball and the 1/16 ball Both changed to 0.05"??

stocktoleave-1.png

Any body else getting this?

Regards

Rick

• Like 1

Send this in to QC.

For me the stock to leave has been changing to .05 in the SHS toolpaths in X2 to X6. I sent this in back in 2006 and this year for X6. Rob at QC worked with me on X6 to fix it, I hope what we did works.

I changed all of the stock to leave in the Operation Defaults to zero. I did this change to the one My Machines Defaults to and to the one That Mastercam calls defaults. If you just change the on that the control defaults to it will not work. Sometime it looks at the defaults that comes with Mastercam it is set to .05 in the stock to leave.

The only way I can get X5 to work is to set the stock to leave to something other than zero(.00001).

I always send them in.

That is why I am staring bug specific threads in stead of mentioning them

in other threads.

I ...WE need any one encountering these problems and any others to send them to QC and 'CC' your

reseller.

Your reseller is there to continually help when you have no time to futher investigate and reproduce

these bugs.

Regards

Rick

Alright I just spent 2 hours redoing a mold half because of that stock model bug

I just posted today.

I check every single path before regenning after re-selecting all the geometry etc.

I had every stock to leave set specifically if not at 'zero'.

Its doing it on regen, i have just confirmed it.

So now check every path you edit, because the rest roughing , scallop , hybrid and even raster did it

5 different path in one group i have to change now and regen once again because of this magical

value that changes, completely random, and a HUGE PITA!!!!!

It will change after you close out of Mastercam and reopen the file also. I have created a new toolpath looked at the stock to leave (zero) saved then checked the stock to leave (zero) close and reopened check stock to leave (.05). I think it has some thing to do with the Operation Defaults.

After I changed the stock to leave in the defaults to zero in X6 it is not changing, but I have only tried it a few times after I change the defaults.

Thanks gcode, but I check it and it is set already

Why are there two original operation defaults and how do I rectify

what Stephen said in his last post?

How is even finding a 2nd operation default, better yet, how are all the

tools paths not in the operations default anymore?

I just don't understand if I never changed anything, why is it erroring and doing this behavior?

with 2 op defaults?

Thanks gcode, but I check it and it is set already

Why are there two original operation defaults and how do I rectify

what Stephen said in his last post?

How is even finding a 2nd operation default, better yet, how are all the

tools paths not in the operations default anymore?

I just don't understand if I never changed anything, why is it erroring and doing this behavior?

with 2 op defaults?

I am getting that too Rick. I posted it on a new topic. No replies.

• 6 months later...