Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Anybody buying non-Sandvik Capto tools?

OK, guys; anybody buying Capto tools that are made by someone other than Sandvik? All of our lathes are Capto, and the system works great, but I am tired of my eyes bugging out when I get a quote from them. I have a quote coming from the Seco guys, but I don't know who else (reputable) is in the Capto business.

Any help is much appreciated.

C

By personal experience, Sandvik VS SECO, i will stay with sanvik, even if they cost the double .

check the CAMFIX system from Iscar , it seems compatible with Capto

I don't use the capto hardware, so I can't comment on quality, but I recently got sent a link to an article saying that SECO has been bought out by Sandvik... if this is true perhaps the SECO stuff will improve... just a thought.

OK, so Seco is more money than Sandvik, Iscar doesn't make Capto boring bars, Canela doesn't make any CCMT boring bars; WTF? I got a call from the Sandvik Regional Sales Manager yesterday saying "I hear you have some concerns about pricing on our Capto tools," to which I replied "I am doing everything in my power to buy Capto toolholding from someone other than you because your pricing is insane." He said "I appreciate your frankness; I'll see if there's anything we can do..."

The search continues

C

OK, so Seco is more money than Sandvik, Iscar doesn't make Capto boring bars, Canela doesn't make any CCMT boring bars; WTF? I got a call from the Sandvik Regional Sales Manager yesterday saying "I hear you have some concerns about pricing on our Capto tools," to which I replied "I am doing everything in my power to buy Capto toolholding from someone other than you because your pricing is insane." He said "I appreciate your frankness; I'll see if there's anything we can do..."

The search continues

C

You could try walter valenite. I am not aware of the price or quality, however I am pretty sure they also make capto tools

Interesting that MSC came in $35/tool cheaper on Seco than the Seco 'distributor'...hmmm.....?

You might ask in the office about up to 40 percent off sale mon/tues only from MSC..I am buying some stuff....I wait for sales faxes if I can..I am sorta a poor shop and gotta stretch $$ :crybaby:

http://www1.mscdirect.com/eCommerce/NavigationServlet/Indexable-Cutting-Tools/Indexable-Modular-Systems/Modular-Accessories-Parts/Capto-Tool-Holders/_/N-77cwu

I don't use the capto hardware, so I can't comment on quality, but I recently got sent a link to an article saying that SECO has been bought out by Sandvik... if this is true perhaps the SECO stuff will improve... just a thought.

Actually, SECO has been owned by Sandvik for quite some time. That happened many years ago :)

I used to work for Sandvik as a Technical Representative :) (quite a few years ago I might add :))

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so I got my Seco boring bars (which, not surprisingly, look just like Sandvik boring bars with different laser marking and a white coupling protector) and they look nice; saved $150 on the three tools over Sandvik, but I am going to keep searching for better deals.

C