Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Can it be drip fed?

kwolf

Hi everyone,

Today I installed an evaluation version of DNCMAX for a friend since I have a good exprience with it in our company with a Deckel Dialog 11 (LSV2).

Now this time it is a Deckel Dialog 4 (the mid 80's control) .

The problem is the machine continues to download codes and can execute it but it seems there's no mechanism to refresh memory and after 350Kb the memory is full.

Error message is "Communication problem detected".

I chose Deckel Dialog 4 LSV2 template. And 2400bps 7E1 on both sides.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Kevin

kwolf,

Have you tried searching on Deckel from within the forums search engine?

Personally, I use Easytalk which was Mastercam's choice of editors many versions ago. This remains my choice today despite the great editors and dnc capabilities of the newer programs. - it's a simple philosophy (If it ain't broke then don't fix it) biggrin.gif in other words I will use this program for many years to come.

I might suggest a call to your local DMG supplier, they might well have a preferred standard that is used for such machines.

Your solution is closer than you think since the machine already respondes to the code - it might even be something as basic as Xon - Xoff. We have to play with the protocols a bit on virtually any machine tool; the problem with the Dialoge series is that everything on them were ultra-propietary.

Can it drip feed? Yes! If the control takes five lines then it can take them one at a time. I believe Xon - Xoff functions with send ack, recieve ack, send ack, etc! I might be wrong since I'm running on 15 year old memories.

Best of luck. smile.gif

Regards, Jack

[ 07-15-2003, 01:21 AM: Message edited by: Jack Mitchell ]

Kevin,

I think that I have used one of these beasts.

If my memory is correct they both have a Grundig controller. The code for the Dialog 11 has the + and - signs and there is no decimal place. Also there are only 2 axis motors with the Z and Y using the same servo drive.

The Dialog 4 is a little newer and has a somewhat more Fanuc looking code with decimal places and no + signs

Does this sound like your machine?

If so the Dialog 4 can DNC if it has the DNC add on as I did it for many years using at the time Mastercam 5.5. Both machines used the same setings except for the Baud rate. 4800 E71

Firstly I would try using the communications in Mastercam to see how it goes. I have had the same trouble with the standard Cimco editor

cheers.gif

Jack,

These controller doesn't have support as far as I know from DMG. At that time Deckel was not merged with MAHO and Gilemeister.

With Cimco I can't use Xon/Xoff or hardware since in deckel 4 template there's no option to set them. I looked at the template file and saw that it uses flowcontrol=NONE . Editing thios file and changing it to HARDWARE or SOFTWARE did not solve the problem. mad.gif

Budgie,

Dialog 11 is newer that 4 and both of them use decimal places without sign . And I can drip feed D11 at 19200.

The max speed on D4 is 9600bps.

I would tend to agree with Jayson's comment.

Like I said, Deckel is ultra-propietary. Please contact DMG and purchase the hardware.

If DMG does not supply support or hardware then light the match because in my opinion they just threw you a stick of TNT. biggrin.gif

Such merging of companies are founded with support guarantees, otherwise who would buy the new companies technology?

If you are truly up against the wall, I can put you in touch with somebody that knows Deckel's (20+ years), I would prefer you to exhaust DMG and your efforts first - It's an old friend who might not be receptive to a third party asking a bunch of questions.

cheers.gif

Regards, Jack

[ 07-15-2003, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: Jack Mitchell ]

Hi Kwolf

Have you enabled the dripfeed buttom in the configuration? and what is your program offset?

Remember that if you want to dripfeed program number 12 and you program offset is 50000 then you have to call for program number 50012 on the control. Then Dncmax will output a sequence of small program starting with 50012 50013 etc. these programs will be stored on the control and ereased when used. A little odd but that is how this control works.

The Dialog 4 were made by Grundig and has nothing to do with the Philips 432 control. Deckel used Grundig controls and Maho Philips or Heidenhain controls

Thanks for the replies, smile.gif

Claus,

I enabled this button but didn't know I should call 50012 instead of 12. Each time I set it the controller showed me an error msg. I'm going to my friend's shop again to try it . Maybe this time it works. biggrin.gif

I will inform you all.

Thanks again

Jack: W00t! Easytalk! Thats a great little product. We have an old 486 running DOS 6, and its sole purpose is to feed the machine.

All that's installed is DOS6 and Easytalk.. And it works a treat. Its an old program that wont die smile.gif

Kevin,

Of course a dialog eleven is newer than a dialog 4. I was thinking that Dialog 11 was Dialog 2 as thats how they used to write it on the controller.

Dialog 1

Dialog 11

Dialog 111

then they went to Dialog 4 no more roman numerals

A Deckel with a Dialog eleven would make this machine one of the last made under the Deckel banner.

[ 07-16-2003, 03:47 AM: Message edited by: Budgie ]

Claus,

I used offset 50000 with 125000 bytes memory reserved and my program number was 250. I called 50250 on controller . The CNC showed starting to download 50250 (with the message "NLP aus" in front of the program number) The program was 40 lines starting from N1 to N39 and N9999. Then starting 50251 and so on.

When I selected 50250 and pressed cycle start everything went fine untill it reached to N9999 (in 50250).

The machine stopped but download continued untill the memory became full and downloading stopped too.

I looked at %50250, the last line was :

N9999 L0 %50251

This code can not be run on this machine. confused.gif And machine can't pass it.

mad.gif

Is there anything I missed?

Thanks

Hi Kwolf

Have you changed the configuration on the control to DNC? You have to do that in the same menu where you change baudrate (14 as far as I remember), it will reset every time you turn the machine off, so you have to do it every time you turn the machine on again and want to dripfeed. They are sometime a little stange these Germans wink.gif

BTW: as far as i know you have to have the linenumbers.

Claus@cimco

Claus,

I should set DNC to ON every time the machine starts otherwise "DNC IN" will not be accessible. There are 3 modes in DNC

1- IN

2- OUT

3- DIR

I wonder what the last item means?

Jack,

I think line number is mandatory . There is no way to input program without line number on these controllers .Besides the DNCMAX will change line numbers automatically with +1 increment. Each divided program begins with N1 and ends with N9999 .