Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

1994 Cincinnati Sabre 750

Boss is looking at a 1994 Cincinnati Sabre 750 3 Axis CNC Vertical Machining Center, I've only limited experience with cutting metal, I did some aluminum programing and cutting some years ago. I could get back up to speed, on aluminum fairly fast -I think :whistle: My question is what do you think of this machine?

Ive ran a cinci arrow 500.For cutting aluminum and grapthite no problem.But for steel forget about it at least with that machine.It just wasnt rigid at all.Not sure about the sabre though.I guess it all depends on what kind of work you do.I'm sure some one else will chime in.

Hi Nils

we had 2 of these at a place and when we lost power or air the spindle would drop about a inch in z and if you were running lights out you would have a surprise when you came back into work the next day. other than that and the control locking up sometimes they were ok but i believe they are built in England and the parts are a little hard to get. At least then they were. But the control is a little different with canned cycles and a few of the other codes.

HTH

Cadcam :coffee:

• Like 1

If I remember correctly they used grease on the ways and ball screws not way lube, there were only grease nipples that needed grease regularly they didn't have a timed system on the machine. The coolant hardened the grease, we went through many rails and ball screws on that machine.

We also had the issue that occurred with power failure. In southern Ontario they get many thunder storms the power would often flicker or go out. The z axis on that machine would drop and often crunch the tool into the part.