Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

WCS Change

dannysdad

Draw 2 lines at your new orgin, one representing X+ and the other Y+.

Go to WCS, then WCS by geo.

Pick the X line first, then the Y.

It will give you a few choices, the first choice will most likely be the correct one.

There are other ways, but I have found this to be the most versatile.

Draw 2 lines at your new orgin, one representing X+ and the other Y+.

Go to WCS, then WCS by geo.

Pick the X line first, then the Y.

It will give you a few choices, the first choice will most likely be the correct one.

There are other ways, but I have found this to be the most versatile.

Hi,

What you suggested creates a NEW WCS...I knew how to do that. What I wanted to know was how to change the coordinates of an existing WCS, in this case G55.

Well I played around with the buttons in the View Manager dialog box and I figured it out.

To change coordinates of an existing WCS (say G55):

Select G55 (turn it blue)

Hit the "Set the current WCS view and origin to the selected view" button (the button next to the little tool icon button)

Make the selection your current tool and construction plane (I do not know if this is necessary but I was taking no chances)

Hit the "Select a new origin for the selected view" button. (the white arrow in the little square button)

(View Manager disappears) MC will ask you to pick your new point....pick it. (View Manager re-appears)

Hit the green check mark...Voila' G55 has moved to new coordinate.

Again..thanks for your help

Go into the View Manager

Click on the WCS you want to change the work offset for, in the work offset window change it to 1

-1 = use first available offset, generally G54 depending on post

0 = G54

1 = G55

2 = G56

3 = G57

4 = G58

5 = G59

6+ gets into the extended offsets

Hi,

What you suggested creates a NEW WCS...I knew how to do that. What I wanted to know was how to change the coordinates of an existing WCS, in this case G55.

Well I played around with the buttons in the View Manager dialog box and I figured it out.

To change coordinates of an existing WCS (say G55):

Select G55 (turn it blue)

Hit the "Set the current WCS view and origin to the selected view" button (the button next to the little tool icon button)

Make the selection your current tool and construction plane (I do not know if this is necessary but I was taking no chances)

Hit the "Select a new origin for the selected view" button. (the white arrow in the little square button)

(View Manager disappears) MC will ask you to pick your new point....pick it. (View Manager re-appears)

Hit the green check mark...Voila' G55 has moved to new coordinate.

Again..thanks for your help

Well that was it . I was just about post this and you figured it out good job.