Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Makino F5 with Komo TN-161

We are currently looking at a Makino F5 full 5ax machining center to add to the shop. We are currently an all Doosan shop, with the exception of one lonley F5 Haas and we're looking for some real world experience with a Makino. Any feedback on this or thoughts on other machines would be appreciated. We currently run our 5ax products in either a Doosan DMV4020 with a Komo or the Haas. I realize the Makino with glass scales is a far superior product to these, but still would like the feedback.

In my experience Makino has always been a very dependable and accurate machine. The shop I'm at now has all 5x Mikrons and even though I prefer these for "Job shop" work because of their

accuracy and the ease of the Heidenhain controls, I miss the dependability of the Makinos.

I live and work fairly close to the Makino NA headquarters just north of Cincinnati. I have visited quite a few times for various reasons and always try to speak with an engineer or two while I am there. They are certainly the most knowledgeable machine tool people I have spoken to. They don't look at you like you have a dick sticking out of your head when you ask a question like some folks. All of the engineers have offered me their business cards and say "if you ever have a question don't hesitate to call".

Thanks to you all for the feedback, we will be adding the Makino to the floor, just made the decision today. Just need to update my post now, so will need to contact our reseller once we have the machine. Glad to hear all good responses on this machine, our Local Doosan rep. just picked up the Makino line and the service dept. has been great on the doosans which pretty much seals the deal. Redfire427 I know, I already feel that way. It's a fine machine If holding +-.002 max is ok, and you don't mind the Trunion leaking air since installed November of 2010. Factory and local Haas don't seem to care, so we chose to spend elsewhere. I hate not spending it on USA made products, as it keeps most all of use doing what we do.

Thanks again