Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Keystroke Macro

BrandonH

In windows XP I had a keystroke macro to "edit common parameters" in the operations manager. It would set all my WCS's and NC file name the same for all op's in the selected group. The macro would right click, arrow, tab, and enter into the wcs field, input a value, and exit back to the "edit common parameters" window. Then do the same for "NC name." Then exit the "edit common parameters" window, back to the operations manager. All with one button. Now, in W7, I can right click, tab, and arrow to the check box, but when I hit enter, it jumps to the green check, and exits the "edit common parameters" window. :wallbash: Does anyone know what keystroke will open the dialog boxes in the "edit common parameters" window?

In windows XP I had a keystroke macro to "edit common parameters" in the operations manager. It would set all my WCS's and NC file name the same for all op's in the selected group. The macro would right click, arrow, tab, and enter into the wcs field, input a value, and exit back to the "edit common parameters" window. Then do the same for "NC name." Then exit the "edit common parameters" window, back to the operations manager. All with one button. Now, in W7, I can right click, tab, and arrow to the check box, but when I hit enter, it jumps to the green check, and exits the "edit common parameters" window. :wallbash: Does anyone know what keystroke will open the dialog boxes in the "edit common parameters" window?

My understanding is that the mastercam macro feature wont work with windows 7. Apparently is a microsoft protcol or something. Right pain as like you i used to use it to change common setup stuff on my imported models.

Keystroke Macros in Win7 do not work.

I forget the exact reason why, I'd have to dig through all my emails from QC

You might look at creating a VB script as a replacement

Answer from MC Q.C

The problem with the old Marco manager is Windows will block it from running if the Windows UAC is left at it’s default setting. Most Anti-Virus applications also see and treat it is a threat. The technology behind is just to archaic, it was a carryover from pre v9 so it can’t even be re-worked so it had to be disabled on the newer OS’s. We hope to someday down the road look into creating a new more modern version if there’s enough interest in it.

I like to use "autohotkey", it is a free program with scripting capabilities and can record mouse movements also. What if you ran mastercam in compatabiliy mode for windows xp or vista, would it work, or it is still disables? The first thing I do on a computer is disable the U.A.C., it's very annoying. I believe it has its place though, for people that are computer illiterate.