Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MAZAK LIVE TOOLING WOES

GOT A MAZAK 250 WITH Y AXIS, PROGRAMING WITH X6 WHEN I USE LIVE TOOLING AND GO TO TURNING AGAIN IT SEEM LIKE ITS KEEPING TO LIVE TOOL OFFSET. CAN RESET AND REMODLE RESTART WORKS FINE.

DON'T KNOW IF POST IS LEAVING SOMETHING OUT OR MACHINE PROBLEMS.

Look for the Cancel Calls at the end of the cycle. Are they T010000 for say tool 1 and such and are the correct G and M codes being called to end the cycle?

AT THE END OF THE MILLIING CYLCE IT HAS G30 U0. V0. H0. M205 AND AT THE START OF TURN CYCLE IT HAS G53.1 T1212 G18 G99 M202 G97 S1000 M3 R1

ONLY TIME I HAVE THIS PROBLEM IS IF I DO TURNING AFTER MILLING, IF I CAN DO ALL THE MILLING AT THE END OF PROGRAM AND READS THE M30 WORKS FINE.

Okay well the post needs to have the correct codes called to active the turning cycles when doing the turning and life you be good. No book in front of me right now. Who provided you with the post?

I believe inhouse is the name of the supplier of our post.

Okay then it should handle that machine nicely. Have you been in touch with your dealer with your specific problems? Can you post up sample code of what you are getting and what you need? Got a screen shot of your Misc real for milling and for turning?

have not been in touch with dealer, have talked to mazak and sent them a copy of my program have not heard anything from them. but our network has been done.

I'm having a hard time understanding but it seems as though you don't have a "Y" shift after tool change, without one you won't pick up the offset.

T1212

G18 G99

M202

G97 S1000 M3

G54

G0 Y0.

X2.0 Z0.02

using a G30 U0 V0 H0 M205 SEEM LIKE THE Y AXIS IS GOING TO HOME.

Guest SAIPEM

This is an offset cancellation problem.

Try using a G28 instead of the G30 for the Y (V).

G30 is the Second Reference Return Point.

Make sure you are explicitly cancelling the live tool offset and not depending upon the G28/G30 to do it.