Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

different drills, different peck "Lift" amounts???

buck30

I have a part with over 2000 .02dia holes and about 100 .25 holes.

I wont to use a peck cycle on both drills but I wont the peck "lift" amount to be different .

So like a .005 peck with a "lift" of .005 for the .02 drill and .05 peck with a lift of .05 for the .25 drill.

Can MC do this??? Am using MC X5 MU1 and the machine is Robodrill Fanuc 31i A5

Thanks in advance out there.

PS. I am not having much luck using "Break" on the .02 drills. The .02 holes are .15 deep and the material is 41RC 416 SS

am usind carbide Shpinx SPI .02 drills.

Thanks again.

If you disable canned cycles and post it longhand, the code should reflect

all those extra settings on the drill parameters page.

If you want to use canned cycles, I think the "lift" amount is controled by a parameter in the machine control.

You may be able to pass that parameter to the contro via gcode.

Your machine reference manual and your machine dealer would be a good place to start.

If you only have one part, it may be simpler to run the Ø.25" holes then change the paramenter

by hand and run the small holes.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

When I program Robodrills with small holes(.5mm and below), I always post out the cycles in longhand and set my retract in max feed (usually 50,000mm/min depending on the age of the machine) because the machine can actually ACC/DEC faster in feed mode than in rapid mode. I know, I know, it sounds crazy, but I've done the testing. There is a difference in cycle times.

HTH