Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

file extentions

JUJU802

I HAVE BEEN PROGRAMING WITH MASTERCAM FOR A FEW MONTHS NOW AND I HAVE A CENTROID MILL...NOW I CAN POST PROCESS WITH MASTERCAM BUT IT WONT LET ME PULL UP THE PROGRAM WITH THE CENTROID SOFTWARE....MEANING WHEN I PULL UP FILES ON MY MILL IT SAYS FILE EXTENTION NOT THE SAME MINE USES .ICN AND MASTERCAM HAS .MC7..PLEASE HELP I KNOW ITS PROBABLY HUMAN ERROR...THANKS IN ADVANCE

LOOSE THE CAP LOCK!

You are trying to load the geometry on the controller?

You need to load the .nc file, the one that is created when you post (I'd just rename it to .icn to see if it works).

You could set mastercam to create the program with a .icn extension if it works.

• 1 year later...

"You need to load the .nc file, the one that is created when you post (I'd just rename it to .icn to see if it works).

You could set mastercam to create the program with a .icn extension if it works."

Alan, how do you do this?

Here is my similar problem. We have two different posts for two different machines. When using the post for the Okuma, it generates a pair of files. They are named identically, except one has a .txt extension and one has a .nc extension. The .txt is the one I want. The file size for the .nc files are all 0kb. For example, this would be the result of posting 3 milling programs:

1mill.txt 12kb

1mill.nc 0kb

2mill.txt 35kb

2mill.nc 0kb

3mill.txt 27kb

3mill.nc 0kb

What I do is delete the .nc files (to get rid of the clutter) and then copy the .txt files over for the shop floor to use.

When I use the post for the Toshiba, it outputs only one set of files (which is good), but it outputs .nc files. Then I have to rename them with .txt. I'm not sure if I *have to* rename them, but that's how they want to see them. Can I make it output ONLY .txt files for both posts? Is this a setting within Mastercam or within my post?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thad

Hey, I ran a centroid! .icn is their conversational"intercon" program file extension. Centroid comes with Mastercam 3.2, which would save .ge3 geometry files and .nc program files.

The centroid will read .nc files, centroid will be MORE THAN HAPPY to set you up with a post for a more modern version of MC, but SORRY, you cannot plot the part on the mill. Why would you need to anyway, having the ability to backplot on the computer?