Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X6 MU2 crash

Nils N

I’ve installed MU2 about 4 times now. Each time I remove every trace of X6 I can find, even ran a utility I got form the local Mastercam rep to remove X6.

Everything works fine up through the installed MU1 but when I install MU2 and start X6 I get this--- Has anybody had this problem and gotten it to work?

post-9782-0-03075000-1345737806_thumb.jpg

for starters, you don't need to install MU1

MU2 will give you everything.

Try uninstalling again, clean it up, reboot

DO the X6 DVD, start it once, then do MU2

See if that gets you through,

If that does NOT work, I'd wager your .net is screwed and needs to be pulled out and re-installed

So we updated the .net framework. Uninstalled, reinstalled x6, worked. Installed Mu2, (didn't add any of our previous set-up folders) worked fine with new framework.

Replaced the default "My Mxcam6, Shared Mxcam6" Folders with ones that we had saved in a separate folder. (with our settings etc etc.) Then when we tried to reopen Mcam6 MU2 again, it crashed. we got this

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Mastercam.exe

Application Version: 15.2.1.2

Application Timestamp: 4fc4e9f4

Fault Module Name: MCMachineDef.dll

Fault Module Version: 15.2.1.2

Fault Module Timestamp: 4fc4ea11

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000000000005ffd0

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 693f

Additional Information 2: 693f17baaefe04f2e4c3adb273f8e42c

Additional Information 3: 0e2c

Additional Information 4: 0e2c0811fc8ab2786a13acd350ce5dad

We're using the Web Download for X6 AND Mu2.

We can get Mu2 running fine (stock machine def's etc etc.) But the issue comes when we copy over our settings(config/cnc machine files/mill/Posting preferences).

In my opinion there's something in there that changed with the most recent update that MU2 doesn't like. We're going to try bringing over all the individual files one by one, and checking each time to see exactly which file it is that MU2 doesn't want to co-operate with. Hopefully this should narrow down our problem and we'll be able to fix it by redefining it in Mcam itself.

*Fingers crossed*

Which is better to use? The DVD or Web Download?

Here's the problem with the web download

If your systems, Windows installer routine needs to be updated, the DL doesn't have the ability

The DVD checks the installation requirements and prerequisites to make sure everything is on your system that needs to be there.

It is ALWAYS better to use the DVD

We can get Mu2 running fine (stock machine def's etc etc.) But the issue comes when we copy over our settings(config/cnc machine files/mill/Posting preferences).

Where did you get these files from? A working install of X6 MU2? X5?

I don't believe it's the Windows installer that's the problem. Like I said we can install/run MU2 fresh out the box with the Web DL and have it run fine, the .net framework problem solved that.

The issue now comes when we move our custom config/post/machine definition files from our saved folder (that was working in MU1) over to the "My Mcamx6/Shared Mcamx6"

DO NOT COPY CONFIG FILES!!!!

We've all been talking about that for 2+ years

There's your problem right there

.mtb

.kmp

all your control, machine defs, posts, tool libraries, op defaults, op libraries

ALL good

DO NOT JUST DROP the .config and expect it to run

Delete the config, start Mastercam again and let it create a stock config file

Most people config files only have a handful of changes, screen colors, a few settings and maybe some paths, the toolbar file(.mtb) that really handle how your screen is laid out, that's an important, in some cases fairly complex file but you can tale that

But, yeah just dropping that config, headaches galore, as you've seen