Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

cutter comp issue

LiamBeans

I have been having this issue for a little while now, when I cut slots sometimes my cutter comp will engage while the tool is down. When the comp engages the tool needs to make an x and y move. My post is only making an x move and not a y, or vice versa. Here is an example of some of the code that spits out-

M8 (BRUSH LONG)

M91 ( Air Blast Off )

G00X12.5615Y12.7792

G01G41D2X12.5615Y12.4062F200.

G00X12.5615Y12.4062Z1.

G01X12.5615Y12.4062Z.3438F100.

X12.5615Y2.5625F200.

G03X12.5635Y2.5625I.001J0.

I have tried adjusting my lead in/ lead out and checking the plunge after first move/ retract before last. I can get it to stop doing this, but I have to try several things and am not sure how to do it regularly. The notch that cuts into the material doesn't show up on my preview im MCAM, which is annoying. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Also, I had a previous post about horizontal milling adn 2 people got back to me pretty quickly, but then stopped. I still havent figured it out, so if anyone can show me how to program an horizontal mill that isn't on a 90 would also be appreciated.