Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Newbie help.

tsaxton01

what material? What type of cnc 3,4,5 axis. Is youre stock ordered to size? I would add 3 to four inches to that 1.100 thickness for holding in a vice. Machine the bottom side first (leaving it attached to youre extra stock). Then flip the part 4x on its sides gripping it in youre vice. Once all youre side ops are done saw off extra stock then onto a fixture plate for last op.

Programming this part is not the challenge holding it is.

Hum, I would throw in a Mill/Turn and do everything I could. Come up grip on fixture in 2nd Jaw on Shoulder bolt through hole and then part off extra material using syncing between spindles. Then finish. It would come off the machien completely deburred. Seeing how you shared it here mind if I use it to develope a Mill/Turn project out of it to teach others?

4th axis mill would be your best bet. Get round stock and grab do all you can do in 4th axis. Then make custom jaws to hold part. Mill off excess drill 3 holes and finish last op done. Clamp where you would go against the 2 legs the 3 hole are in and full supported.

HTH