Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

HAAS Power down @ M30 not working with DNC-Max

gibbs machine corp

Hello all. Here's one that has the HAAS guys stumped as well as our Cimco DNC Max tech. We used to feed our mills with FocalPoint and the Power Down @ M30 worked great. We switched to Cimco Dnc Max a few months ago and now this HAAS feature does not work. If you close the software, the mill will shutdown. If you unhook the rs-232 cable, the mill will shutdown. I've re-wired our cable 3 different ways all at the recommendation of the tech people. I have a DB9 at the computer end and DB25 at the mill end. Anybody have this issue or know a fix? Spending money to feed the mills with different setup is not an option. Only two of the 5 HAAS mills are new and have USB ports, the other 3 do not. I know I can feed them with the USB but the remote request is just a lot easier and would olny cure this on 2 mills. Thanks in advance.

hardware Vs software hand shake?

i don't know, just taking a stab at it.

with your process of elimination described, it seems related to the software. (i know thanks "Captain Obvious")

what are the setting differences between the two software?

mkd - Cimco is a lot more complicated then FocalPoint was so the settings don't compare. I left the default settings alone with Cimco as much as I could in fear of royally goofing them up. The Cimco tech had never heard of this power down @ M30 option so I took that as she had never had this issue before. She is going to log onto our computer tomorrow and look at the parameters to see if she can find something.

John - I tried the M02 in stead of M30 and no luck, it didn't trigger the shutdown mode. I also tried the power off timer and got the same result as I do with M30. Starts counting down from 15 sec and stops counting down @ 11 sec.

Thanks guys....

Its the Cimco software. There has to be a buffer/file open at the end of sending the file. It needs to be closed so the machine can see the M30 option. In other words, the communication has to close after sending the file. Hope its the parameters and not a software patch.

Let us know what the tech finds.

Machineguy

The Cimco tech just looked at the issue and thinks the dnc link isn't getting disconnected after the M30% is sent. So machineguy you hit the nail on the head. The tech tried several of the paramters in DNC-Max that should have killed the link and allowed the M30 shut down to work but all failed. Said she calling haas for more input from them and then calling Cimco for a fix. I'll keep you posted.

RS-232 protocals.

Cimco has still got 1 line hot on the com side. To stop the communication the line must go low. IT doesnt effect other machines. Its just the comm board must know its done (in the HAAS) then the software in the Haas can see the M30 and shut down.

Looks like a software to hardware not finished in the cimco side. once it sees the M30 in the program being sent, it need to close the file and stop the communication to the comm board in the Haas.

Now the buffer in the Haas will finish reading the file to the M30, stop and shut down.

Hope this helps

Machineguy