Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lathe Chaining Bug?

Guess_who

I did a search but I'm guessing this bug might be unique to me. Here's what happens,

I choose and operation type, let’s say finish face, then the chaining box opens. If I pick single chain icon then partial chain icon, then click back on single chain, the ability to actually choose the geometry goes away. And I cannot select any geometry to chain during the remainder of that MasterCam session. I need to exit out of MasterCam and restart.

I am using MasterCam X6, MU2.

But I uninstalled and went back to X6, and it still happened. Then tried MU1 and same thing.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?

I could not replicate this issue.

When you say you are selecting "finish face" do you mean you are selecting a contour operation then trying to chain geometry

I selected a contour then followed your steps and was still able to select geometry

a possible workaround

Try hitting "Regerate dispaly list'

The icon looksl like a paintbrush on an orange bacjground

I could not replicate this issue.

When you say you are selecting "finish face" do you mean you are selecting a contour operation then trying to chain geometry

I selected a contour then followed your steps and was still able to select geometry

a possible workaround

Try hitting "Regerate dispaly list'

The icon looksl like a paintbrush on an orange bacjground

Yes to your first question. I am selecting a finish face toolpath but they all seem to do the same thing. I try hitting the regen display and that didn't change anything.

I did find a work around but going into TOOLPATH and C-AXIS, it will allow me to start choosing geometry again. I believe this issue is related to my install only. I bet if I uninstalled, and wiped my registry clean, and then reinstall, that might fix the issue.

So as long as I can work around it, it's really not a big deal. Hopefully the next update will fix it for me.

Thanks for the feedback