Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4th axis programing help

FTI2007

I have a part that is 116" alumium casting bar that is twisted on a 42.4 deg helix. I need to drill holes in it and my reseller helped me with using axis substitution for the holes that are pointing at the axis center line. But I also have 58 holes that are not pointing at the centerline. How do I go about drilling those. We normally do not do this kind of work so Im scratching my head and waiting on my reseller to get back to me this morning and just thought I would post here since I didnt find anything with search button. Thanks in advance.

As stated by my teacher, Scott Lundin,

"When using a rotary 4th axis on a VMC you must use WCS TOP for ALL operations. Only the T/C plane should be changed. This is what makes it index. You can use the Mastercam top and front plane for C/T planes. You cannot use the Mastercam Back or Bottom Plane as the X and Y axis will be reversed. Instead you should activate WCS top and C/T plane top, then use the planes button at the bottom of the screen, use “rotate planes” and set it to +90 around the X axis to get at features on the back plane."

Machineguy

i am rotating about the y axis. I created planes for each hole and i still cant get it to work. I got 2 holes to work and all the parameters are the same but I have 55 that do not work. Im very frustrated. Im waiting on my reseller to get get to me now with ideas. I have wcs set to top and t/c planes set to corrosponding hole. not making money today.