Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Replacing G54 with G15 H1 Okuma?

I had to do the same thing for my OKUMA post, on about line 971 you will find a line that looks like this

fmt "G" 4 g_wcs #WCS G address

change it to read:

fmt "G15 H" 4 g_wcs #WCS G address

you may have to change the 4 to 5 to allow for more integers

also if you are using more than 1 work offsets in the program you may need to change a line somewhere around line 2280, it looks like this

g_wcs = workofs$ + 54

change the 54 to 1 so it will give H2, H3... for the other work offsets. This should work but I have never needed more than one work offset in the programs I have made for this machine. when you change a post make sure that you document ALL changes so you have somthing to fall back on in case of errors in the post.

Good luck

Richard

• Like 1

I had to do the same thing for my OKUMA post, on about line 971 you will find a line that looks like this

fmt "G" 4 g_wcs #WCS G address

change it to read:

fmt "G15 H" 4 g_wcs #WCS G address

you may have to change the 4 to 5 to allow for more integers

also if you are using more than 1 work offsets in the program you may need to change a line somewhere around line 2280, it looks like this

g_wcs = workofs$ + 54

change the 54 to 1 so it will give H2, H3... for the other work offsets. This should work but I have never needed more than one work offset in the programs I have made for this machine. when you change a post make sure that you document ALL changes so you have somthing to fall back on in case of errors in the post.

Good luck

Richard

Great thanks that was it...

• 3 months later...

I am working on an Okuma post also. It is a original generic fanuc 4x mill post. I would like it to output the work offset at every toolchange. Right now it only outputs at the start of program or when the work offset changes. I'm pretty green when it comes to post editing so any help is appreciated. Dan