Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool Definition- Cycle Type

cincy k

I am using MCX6 MU2. When transferring tools from my library to the area used for the active file I am loosing the cycle type on my drills. For instance- I have a tap defined in the library as using a rigid tap cycle. When I transfer the tool to the active area for that file the cycle type changes back to drill/cbore and a few of the fields turn to $$$$$$. It does not happen with every drilling tool and isn't consistent from file to file.

Any thoughts?

Here is what I did to fix the problem...

I took all of the tools out of that library and brought them into a part program. I then created a new tool library and copied all of those tools back into the new library. Then I deleted my old library and renamed the new library to my old library name. It seemed to resolve this issue. I have since installed MU3 and have not had any recurrences of the problem. So I assume it was a corrupt database somehow. I sent my library and part program to our reseller and they were unable to recreate the problem. I was able to recreate it every time. I think everyone thought I was crazy. Glad to see someone else confirm this bug, but sorry you are having the same problem. I hope this helps. Please post a reply if it does. It seems I forgot to mention my fix in my original post.

• 4 weeks later...