Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T A place to chat .

Fig sign

Hi ,All !

As you remember , my dear friends ,there were some ideas for making a separate forum for off topic chat .

So I making a imprudent act of proclaiming this thread SuperO/T place .

Everybody who feels dull, lonely,angry or wish to talk are welcome here , if the webmaster wouldn`t kill me . wink.gif

All the topics that are not even slightly Mastercam related .

Only let`s not talk about politics !

Let`s preserve a forum for mastercam

Waiting for your answers !?

If you are interested my first article will be what to do if your shell (explorer.exe ) or your registers are #$%^ed .

frown.gif

Iskander teh Imprudent .

George!

I am programmer -machinist in plastic molding factory, work in the molds shop (production and repairment),mostly milling and sometimes designing .

2 cnc mills ,one mastercam seats,2 Cimmatron seats,5 man produces molds , 2 edms ,4 conventtional mills, wire cnc,

grinders,one conventional lathe.

Milling CNC is on me alone .

You program you mill sorta job.

If it is needed you can run any other machine tool .

I love my job - unique parts, sometimes it is dull ,sometimes interesting but always new stuff.

And I love to work alone!

It solves a lot of problems for me cause I the programmer and I the machinist understand one another prelly good !

And I love to work at small place!

Do you prefer to be called Plasttav or Iskander?

I am a mechanical engineer, but have done mostly electrical work. I work for a small compant that sells cnc machines for non-ferrous industries, such as wood and plastic. We have also sold to aerospace companies. Our machines are big, a typical bed size is 2.5m x 1.3m. Many machines have two tables this size or bigger. A typical machine will have 1 spindle with a 12 tool HSK63 tool changer, an attachment for just drilling in the vertical and horizontal directions. And another spindle mounted horizontally, which is servo controlled to machine in G18 or G19. Some machines could have 4 spindles for large productions. Our customers could be large furniture manufacturers, or a small cabinet shop.

I design the more special machines, and I will install the machine at the customers factory, depending on the machine, this could take 2 days. Then I will teach how to operate the machine. And I also teach mastercam, which I am a certified trainer. I live 100km south of mastercam's office. I love my work since I hace to wear many hats, but dislike the driving I have to do about (65000Km per year). I used to travel around the world mostly asia

thank you

George

George !

I prefere to be called Iskander.

I worked on big machines and now work with small and medium ones but it really doesn`t matter except that I don`t need to clean machine from chips every 2 hours .

I has very strange sense of humour making people think that I am complete idiot while I `m having fun !

I create a lot of problems myself been not able to keep my mouse shut and always telling what I think about this or that.

I know a lot of things but can not be a teacher cause it is a special talent that I have not.

I like solitude and in my younger days,before emigrating to Israel,was a bycicle tourist ,travelled a lot all over Russia and felt very comfortable alone on 15-20 days trip.

I prefere not to ask for help but rather help to others and never keep my professional secrets.

I think that helping others you are getting more than you give !

I like to read books,hard rock,play Unreal Tournament and computer related things .

All my friends and neighbores give me to repair their computers (to have fun) .

I never take money .

My room is junked with pc`s ,motherboards,harddisks and all this stuff.

And there is my wife and two daughters that are doomed to have such a husband and father, that I love so much.

So one thing that always is not enough is time .

If a day will be 32 hours it will be perfect!

I work with just one other manual machinist. There were four of us but bosses "right sized" us almost out of existance. Now I'm the only one that can run the machine. Previous operator / set up guy on Integrex was one who resisted learning new things. He didn't want to go beyond Mazatrol. I am struggling to learn MC by myself. I wish there was someone else here to work with. I'm not that good at discovering all the secrets of a complex software on my own. Someone else to share his discoveries and challenge me would cause faster growth. It's great to have the Forum. cheers.gif

Zowie, F33. Very nice plane. Would be on my top ten list if I was a bizzilionare. Took me a couple minutes to check that one out. I'm not a Beech expert. Never been in on of those. Got a ride in a V tail on bummpy day, and was not a fan of the waggy ride, think I'd prefer your conventional tail. Love the looks of the fork tail though. White with blue and gold one of the best looking planes ever.

I owned a C150E for seven years. Straight tail with rear window. (Not one of the best lookers.) Flew all over MN, WI. Landed in hay fields and on lakes in winter. I miss it lots. Could fly that thing like Roy Orbison played the guitar. cool.gif Got 900 hrs, mostly Cessna with a little Skipper, Citabria and Grumman Tiger time thrown in.

Worked at FBO...holy crap, almost 20 years ago! Loved hanger stacking, fueling, and just being around airplanes. Planned to get Integrex going and make tons of $ and fly agin...S^!7, that didn't work. Now looking for plan B, or is it plan H by now?

What are your hobbies , guys ?

Some of you fly planes.

And what about the others?

Once I was cactus collectioner(from age 15 till 31) , I had rather decent colection 500 types approx and other succulents too ,800 pieces ,green-house on the balcony, cultivation from seeds and so,had some very rare species.

The same time I was a bycicle fan and every week made some 300-400 km, every vacation was a trip to over some nice place(1500 -2000)km.

Never used a car ,always on byke .

That days are gone !

Now I am CNC geek frown.gif ,grow old (43)and fat,has a family and far less spare time !

I like to play table tennis, listen good old hard rock,and to play Unreal Tournament .

Iskander in a harsh voice crying ,holdin` the redeemer :

Shoot dem all !

This is my hobbie. I like it soo much I put a CNC mill/router in my basement. (Its even got a rotary!)

I used to collect guns and hunt. I still disappear back into the mountains to walk about.

I have a 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee that I like a whole lot and have been "tinkering" with. (50hp overstock right now with another 25-30hp planned)

I also have three little girls that make me get involved with their hobbies.(...but Daddy dont want to play Barbie. What if the other programmers find out...)

Jimmy

My hobbies have been cut way back since I have 2 sons in college, and my funds are low. I used to fly constantly, now I fly maybe once a week, Im even considering selling my share of the plane. I go to the gym 6 days a week, to lift weights and run. Usually Im at the gym at 4:30am work out for an hour to an hour and a half, then have a large bowl of oatmeal and 8 egg whites, and off to work. My age is 44 so as soon as my sons are out of college, I am going to but a BMW M3

I really enjoy working with machinery, I always want to learn something new. I need challenges.

I like writing ladder logic for the Fanuc controls.

Good Morning

There is a forum made buy our Matercam Forum member Jammin, just click on the home page of my profile. So if you have something to say none Mastercam related you could post it there .

See you there.Scott

P.S. I mentioned this thread to Weby in email before the Irac war threads, maybe we could use this forum when threads get closed or before they do.